7/14: WEAVing through the B's (and a forgotten 7/11 score)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tigsfan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Any guesses? Nobody? Oh well, let's start it off with the 7/11 return I forgot to post.

7/11

Matt Magill
c/o Isotopes
1/1, 18 days

The Dodgers pitcher made his debut in 2013, starting 6 games and not faring to well (20 ER, 25 R, 27 H) from late April thru early June. However he was a 31st round pick out of HS in 2008, so let's give him some credit for getting that far. He is struggling in AAA this year, so I do not anticipate a call up even though he is on the 40-man.

7/14

Wade Boggs
c/o Home
6/6, 20 days

Boggs has been signing for a donation to "All Children's Hospital" for a while now, and this is my second time getting him with a donation. He does not have a specified amount (the cheapos have sent $1 a card and he signed), but I strongly suggest making a fair donation to get the HOFer like I did. He was the only player to have his 3000th hit be a home run, until Derek Jeter went in 2011 to make it a feat done by two of the clubs members. He has also signed baseballs, photos, and HOF postcards for those who are more interested in those items for signatures.

Bruce Bochy
c/o Giants
3/3, 20 days

The two time WSC (drowning the Rangers in 5 games in '10, then sweeping the Tigers in '12) is one worth adding to the collection. He was Tony Gwynn's last manager before he retired, being let go by the Padres to join the Giants after 11 in San Diego (I guess that worked out for him considering where the Padres are now). Fun fact: he has a very large hat size, something that you here about occasionally (i.e. jokes about Alex Torres' hat whenever he pitches).

Jeff Weaver
c/o Home
2/2, 20 days

I still remember the days of "Dream Weaver" playing every time he took to the mound in Detroit. He was dealt to the Yankees and never recovered, bouncing from team to team for the rest of career. He is the older brother of Jered Weaver, and once played with him in LA... and faced off against him later (who's the better brother anyone?). He won a WS in 2006 w/ St. Louis (getting his revenge on the Tigers), and this is the first signing I've seen from him in years. I've gotten inquiries already on where to send to him, but I'm letting everyone do some digging like I did and then they too can take the leap of faith. ;)