80's oddball/player collectors...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrchoholic83

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hey everyone,

I just picked up a major Mookie Wilson PC item which happens to be an 80's oddball item:

1985 Topps Minis Mookie Wilson Blank Back and Stat Back test issues! There were only 25 blank backs produced and 75 stat backs!

Has anyone else come across these or own some in their player collections?

mw85miniFRONT.png
mw85miniBACK.png

Thanks for looking,

Jeremy

Wow, I used to have a John Franco like that. Had no idea it was so rare! No idea what happened to it. I don't have any super rare Ryan items like that, but you never know when you'll run across one.

I have the 2 Garvey cards.

I would not trust the advertised numbers for those, because I don't think anyone knows for sure how many made it out there. It's tough to find them and even tougher to find someone selling them for a reasonable price! They tend to be damaged a lot of the time too, because I understand they were basically print test sheets and were tossed with little concern for condition.

I have the 2 Garvey cards.

I would not trust the advertised numbers for those, because I don't think anyone knows for sure how many made it out there. It's tough to find them and even tougher to find someone selling them for a reasonable price! They tend to be damaged a lot of the time too, because I understand they were basically print test sheets and were tossed with little concern for condition.

I saw a couple sites with the 25/75 numbers but there is no way to know for sure with a test issue, so I realize that number may not even be in the ballpark. It did however take quite a while to find the stat back. The condition is a concern as my stat back has 2 light creases on the front, but the blank back is beautiful!