A big week for 1987 Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Good job, but you have an error I need to correct.

In Franklin Stubbs bio from your scan, you listed his current position as a coach with the Inland Empire 66ers, a rookie ball affiliate of the Angels. That is incorrect, the 66ers are a AA affiliated with the Dodgers. Wasn't sure if you were aware of the minor error yet, so thought I would correct it for you.

I always enjoy finding out tidbits, like how tough Ricky Wright is. He has at least 1 Dodger card I wouldn't mind having signed, but I don't plan to spend $56 on an 83F! Dcameron99 writes some interesting descriptions and I sometimes read them just to learn about obscure players.

It is frustrating to try to complete a certain set or subset and find you need someone you have never heard of or would think should be as easy as they get, but often we find the obscure ones can be thew toughest.

I just learned from Ron Kittle directly that he only signs his 1984 Topps card for charity, a $25 donation! Just about every other Kittle card can be had for a few bucks signed, but not the one card I need for my Trophy set!!! I have not broke down yet, but I may someday as I get closer to completion!

Good job, but you have an error I need to correct.

In Franklin Stubbs bio from your scan, you listed his current position as a coach with the Inland Empire 66ers, a rookie ball affiliate of the Angels. That is incorrect, the 66ers are a AA affiliated with the Dodgers. Wasn't sure if you were aware of the minor error yet, so thought I would correct it for you.

Thanks for pointing that out. An extra set of eyes are always helpful especially since I'm my only editor. I'll make the fix. Thanks again.

I always enjoy finding out tidbits, like how tough Ricky Wright is. He has at least 1 Dodger card I wouldn't mind having signed, but I don't plan to spend $56 on an 83F! Dcameron99 writes some interesting descriptions and I sometimes read them just to learn about obscure players.

It is frustrating to try to complete a certain set or subset and find you need someone you have never heard of or would think should be as easy as they get, but often we find the obscure ones can be thew toughest.

I just learned from Ron Kittle directly that he only signs his 1984 Topps card for charity, a $25 donation! Just about every other Kittle card can be had for a few bucks signed, but not the one card I need for my Trophy set!!! I have not broke down yet, but I may someday as I get closer to completion!

It seems like there are people like that in every set. There are a few that I know of in 1987 Topps. Roy Lee Jackson, for example, flat out refuses to sign. I saw his '87 Topps sell for I think around $70-$80, pretty steep for someone who is a) still alive and b) a marginal player. But that is also part of the fun of doing this.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress! Awesome set hits! Yes, Wright is a tough one. I like the tough ones. It's always fun to get them, and I hope you keep plugging away and are successful with him one day.