A Bobby Doerr FAILURE?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rangersfan1982

BANNED
5.00 star(s)
BANNED
Ron Cey - 1/1 (7 days)
22714 Creole Rd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
hpqscan0001-70.jpg

I have also been picking up some other Bobby Doerr cards off eBay recently, and sent another package to him last week (after he sent back my baseball and 8x10). He signed the first 4 cards, and kinda signed the other one? Would you count it as a success? I didn't even realize it wasn't him on the front of the card, but I have scanned the front and back of that one as well..thoughts?

Bobby Doerr - 4/5? 5/5? (7 days)
94449 Territorial Rd.
Junction City, OR 97448
hpqscan0002-36.jpg

hpqscan0003-42.jpg
hpqscan0004-28.jpg

I would call that a very "interesting" success.

It isn't your fault Fleer didn't use the correct picture...lol.

i think that still counts as a success. I had one instance where i thought i was sending a ttm request to joe morgan the reds player and instead it arrived at joe morgan the red sox manager, he kindly wrote a little note saying wrong joe morgan! and signed the letter, that was kind of cool to get an unexpected auto of the red sox joe morgan. another time i sent a ttm request to andy messersmith who wrote me a letter saying he no longer signs ttm or gives his autograph out ttm...then he "signed" the letter with his signature! um..ok...ill take it!

elbert

Fun! Unless it was part of a set I would call it a success! Sometimes I think these types of returns are the most memorable!

I have the same card "signed" by him... he signed it the same way. I knew it wasn't him ahead of time, but was just curious how he would sign it. I count it as a success.

Yeah, Fleer messed up big time on that card. It's definitely not Doerr. Awesome pick ups, though, Andrew! Congrats!

Im not an old school Red Sox fan, but Im sure someone knows who the picture is of. If that guy still alive, maybe he'll sign it too. That would be a cool dual!!