A Crow and a Branko

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyBrawler

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Two more for the indoor soccer project. Both played in the 1984 Olympics, were teammates on the legendary San Diego Sockers teams of the 80s and 90s, and were in the inaugural induction class of the Indoor Soccer Hall of Fame.

SEPTEMBER 15
Kevin Crow, 6/6, 10 days
Branko Segota, 7/7, 10 days

This was one of the first groups I got back haha. Here's a breakdown through October 16, 2015...

First autograph acquired in these sets: 1987-88 Pacific Hector Marinaro at the MISL All-Star Fan Fest, Warrensville Heights, Ohio: February 16, 2002 (4,990 days ago)
Project undertaken in earnest: September 5, 2015 (41 days ago)

All time: 88 mailouts
2012-2013: 5 sent, 4 successes, 1 waiting (pretty sure this one is gone for good; fortunately I have a new address for the guy with documented successes so I can try again soon)
September 2015: 28 successes, 12 waiting, 8 failed (2 successful on re-sends). Three of those successes have been international (still waiting on three others internationally).
October 2015: 4 successes, 31 waiting, 1 failed

1987-88 set: 125 signatures needed, 27 acquired (21.6% complete)
1988-89 set: 111 signatures needed, 31 acquired (27.9% complete)
1989-90 set: 111 signatures needed, 29 acquired (26.1% complete)
1990-91 set: 257 signatures needed, 58 acquired (22.6% complete)
1991-92 set: 192 signatures needed, 51 acquired (26.6% complete)
GRAND TOTAL: 796 signatures needed, 196 acquired (24.62% completed)

Funny story on that first Hector sig, I was right near the door where the players could come on and off the field, and in the middle of the skills competition, Marinaro (the all-time leading scorer in indoor soccer history and one of several reasons I occasionally wear #21) just happens to be walking quickly toward it. I'm right in the perfect spot and I hold out a card and marker and ask him if he'll sign it for me. He quickly grabs it, signs it, hands it back without a word, and darts his way through the crowd... to the bathroom. Sorry Hector!

That was a great weekend though-- I got to see some of the all-time greats play, and most of them signed cards and a pennant for me. I think/hope the pennant is still at my dad's house in Ohio. Included among these players: future Indoor Soccer Hall of Famers Slobo Ilijevski, Kai Haaskivi, Ron Newman, Branko Segota, Tatu, and Victor Nogueira, and multi-time All-Stars Doc Lawson, Marinaro, Dave MacKenzie, Cris Vaccaro, Daryl Doran, Glenn Carbonara, Wes Wade, Kia Zolgharnain, Carl Valentine, Richard Chinapoo, Mike Powers, and Michael King.

Project undertaken in earnest is right!! AWESOME!! Thanks for the breakdown and how cool to know that you are working on a project that started so many years ago!!

God Bless,

Kevin