A Curling Quad... and some Expos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expos94

Prospect
Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while. My daughter (first child) was born just two weeks ago so as you can imagine, I've been pretty busy the last few months.

Here's one I shared with you guys back in February, at the time I only had Wes Richardson sign these TTM. It's a couple of photos of the "Curling Richardsons", arguably the best curling rink of all time. the team is comprised of 2 brothers and 2 cousins who won 4 world championships back in the 50's-60's. All 4 are members of Canada's Sports Hall of Fame and the Canadian Curling Hall of Fame.

About a month ago I sent to Ernie Richardson, and it came back yesterday with not only his signature, but also Sam's and Arnold's. 3 birds, one stone! It was unexpected, and a very kind gesture by Mr. Richardson to get his brother and cousin to also sign while he had the photos (they all live in Saskatchewan, while Wes now lives in Hawaii).

I thought I'd also post some recent Expos I got, all TTM except Jimmy Jones, who I got with the help of thehalk (thanks BTW, looks great!)
richardson1.jpg

richardson2.jpg

richardson.jpg

01cards1.jpg

Congrats
Nice pick ups
Job well done.on the auto,s

Congrats
On the arrival your Daughter. Hope everything is fine with Mother and Daughter
Chief

Can you give me hints on how you make your A&G customs :)
Also, where did you find the curling photo??? I love those.

Well, I personally use Photoshop, I don't know if I can help if that's not what you use. What I like about the A&G inspired look (I say "inspired" because I'm not really trying to make it look exactly like A&G cards) is that I can find lower resolution pictures to work with. A&G cards look "drawn"...which you can accomplish with Photoshop, even with lo-res shots.

If you are familiar with photoshop, close-crop your photo to show just the player, then I'd increase the image size to 300dpi if you can (fitting within the standard trading card size), then try the dry brush filter. It gives the photo that "painted" or "drawn" look and eliminates the pixeled look you might otherwise get with lo-res pics (especially once increased in size). Your print doesn't look like a clear photograph anymore, but at least it looks like it was done purposely. Plus it's now 300dpi so it prints nice. You can get away with 150dpi if your image is too small to begin with.

If you don't have Photoshop... sorry I don't know that I can be much help (even if you have it, my butchered instructions above may not help either :) ).

as for the curling pics... I just found them online. Google Images can be great sometimes. In this case I googled "Curling Richardsons" and few images came up. Also googled "Ernie Richardson".

Congrats on the baby girl!

Love the "Curling Richardsons" photos. Very nice, and very cool that he got the extra sigs for you!