A legend Mr. Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatesgoats

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I have communicated with Mr Miles over the years. I decided to write him again and I as usual am never disappointed when he send's back. He signed a ball for me, wrote something on every panel.
John"Mule"Miles
Chicago Giants
***** league legend he was also a Tuskegee Airman.

I still am having issues posting photos here. You can see the awesome Index cards he was kind enough to send me....AWESOME stuff.

Photos can be seen here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hatesgoats/6483604179

More about Mr Miles
John "Mule" Miles (born August 11, 1922 in San Antonio, Texas) played with the Chicago American Giants of the ***** League from 1946-1949.[1] Nicknamed the "Mule" by his manager Candy Jim Taylor after hitting two home runs in one ball game. Taylor commented that Miles "hit like a mule kicks". Miles is legendary for hitting 11 home runs in 11 straight games. John Miles played alongside baseball stars Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, Ernie Banks, Josh Gibson, Satchel Paige and Monte Irvin. He performed at Yankee Stadium, the Polo Grounds, Comiskey Park, and Griffith Stadium among others.

Miles was inducted into the Texas Black Sports Hall of Fame in Dallas, TX on November 4, 2000. He was inducted into the San Antonio Sports Hall of Fame at the Alamo Dome on February 7, 2003. Mr. Miles is an original Tuskegee Airman Member of the San Antonio Chapter at Randolph Air Force Base, Texas.

Last edited:
thats great and cool too, dont ya just wish some od these "old guys" could be botlted up and force fed to some of these posh and primped players of now-a-days...?

Thanks for reminding me to get in gear and send to him! I have a pitiful ***** League collection, and I'm really trying to change that.

very nice returns! would his address happen to be in the data base for ttm's?

if not, could you pm it to me. he'd be a nice addition :)

thanx,
paul