A Pack searcher has arrived in my area,.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bombie1138

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Little story to share,..
I've been buying the 2010 Topps Chrome retail rack packs because I'm chasing the orange refractors.I commute to work so I am able to cover all the Walmart and Target stores,..5 Total,..
In the last 10 days I have noticed that someone has been forcing the orange refractors around to see which one are in the packs,..If you push them hard enough you can get a look at the top and bottom ones,..On a whim I also check the Football packs because there is a Colt McCoy RC in the series,..same thing,only worse,..

To put it nicely this crap sucks !!!

Clint

Ouch! I noticed someone at my local Target store....he was holding a pack in his hands.....did not pay attention....hope he was not doing what you saw someone else was doing. Best regards, David

I've noticed auctions of the retail packs "guaranteeing" certain players. If collectors would stop buying these "hot packs", it would go away but there are too many people just wanting hits.

I'm chasing the Orange Refs, too, if you'd like to trade dups. I've got a want list that links from my signature if you happen to have any.

Regards,

Michael

Ouch! I noticed someone at my local Target store....he was holding a pack in his hands.....did not pay attention....hope he was not doing what you saw someone else was doing. Best regards, David

When I approached the hanging packs I noticed right away that someone was doing something,..The front refractor was hanging below the top pack.

Clint

I would have the guy arrested

I work retail and technically you can't arrest anyone for doing what they are doing,they are not damaging the product of breaking any seals.I just happen to be friends with one of the loss pervention managers and he was working so we grabbed a pack and I showed him exactly what the person is doing,..
He said he will keep a camera on the isle,..we figured that if the person is so poor that he has to cheat for profit that he may be going over the line and stealing too,...

We will see,........

Clint

Last edited:
I work retail and technically you can't arrest anyone for doing what they are doing,they are not damaging the product of braking any seals.I just happen to be friends with one of the lost pervention managers and he was working so we grabbed a pack and I showed him exactly what the person is doing,..
He said he will keep a camera on the isle,..we figured that if the person is so poor that he has to cheat for profit that he may be going over the line and stealing too,...

We will see,........

Clint

I would debate that they ARE in fact damaging the product. I've often had cards where the cards are bent and edges damages because they use fingernails to find AUTO-stickers, etc.

Additionally, I won't buy them anymore as a result so that is damaging the market.

I don't like it either. Hate it! But.....simply, why don't the card manufactures package in a way that this can't be done?

Paul

I totally agree,
I did notice that the 2010 Bowman Chrome rack packs have a lot better non-clear packaging,..I guess the bottom line is that if a soft-spot can be
found then it will be exploited,..but a cheater is a cheater,..

Last edited:
I've seen these in my area all over, but never searched of course. In fact, this is news to me as I thought the refractors were in sealed packs...I'm going to check and see if the refractors are loose so you can see them....I swear, though, they are in sealed packs...

Thanks for the heads up.
Diane...and YES...I can't stand cheaters.

Normally buy the $19.99 boxes.....but in order to get the orange ref..you have to buy the plastic packs. I'll drop by pick up some breakfeat food and maybe one or two of the plastic packs. Best regards, David