A question abot 2006 Bowman Sterling,.Need input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bombie1138

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hi all,
I just pick up a 2006 Bowman Sterling Gold Refractor
#BSP-AJC Asdrubal Cabrera,..(one of his first cards),..paid 35.00.

I have seen this card in a seal screw-down that are numbered -/10,..but this card in unnumbered and not sealed,but its diffidently the same card.
Were these cards released in a different product?,..I'm thinking that 10 were released in sealed screw downs but what is the print run of the one I have,..Thinking that its a gold refractor it has to be less then 50,..

Any insight would be a big help,..

Thanks,
Clint

According to the Beckett OPG all of his 2006 Bowman Sterling Refractors should be serial numbered (with the Gold/10) except for the Black Refractor, which has a print run of 25 but was unnumbered.

A quick eBay search yielded the likely answer: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Bowman...0800480221?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3f0cf767dd

"You are bidding on a 2006 Bowman Sterling Asdrubal Cabrera gold refractor. The card in the bottom left of the scan is the actual card you will get and is not numbered, however the cards that are stamped with a serial number are numbered /10. I bought this card on ebay a couple of years ago and have since found that some of these made it out the door at Topps w/o being serial numbered."

Richard

According to the Beckett OPG all of his 2006 Bowman Sterling Refractors should be serial numbered (with the Gold/10) except for the Black Refractor, which has a print run of 25 but was unnumbered.

A quick eBay search yielded the likely answer: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Bowman...0800480221?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3f0cf767dd

"You are bidding on a 2006 Bowman Sterling Asdrubal Cabrera gold refractor. The card in the bottom left of the scan is the actual card you will get and is not numbered, however the cards that are stamped with a serial number are numbered /10. I bought this card on ebay a couple of years ago and have since found that some of these made it out the door at Topps w/o being serial numbered."

Richard

Sorry about the late response Richard,
I hit up E-bay and a search when I got home the day I bought it,.The centering is off on the card laterally (60/40),..but besides that and being unnumbered it's the real deal,..if a printers apprentice decided to steal them I do not know and probably never will,.The dealer that sold it to me did not pull it from a pack,I asked him if he did,..but its a FY gold refractor and I couldn't pass it up,.
I see there is one more up for grabs on E-bay,..guess I'll bookmark the search and see what happens and if they are common.,..

Thanks for responding,..
Clint