A Tale of Two Cities.. Arlington and Houston IP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CW13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity.."

Well, most of those ring true except worst of times. It wasn't that bad. I graphed here in Arlington Monday AND Tuesday Rangers vs Astros. One of the main(and perhaps only) benefits of living in Arlington, is given my schedule, I can leave work at 4:15, park and make it to the gates at 4:30 in time for early arrival. I always enjoy going Mon-Wed for the most part and abhor Fri-Sat-Sun graphing. I know, I know , autograph snob I suppose. Anyway, the Stros are, for the most part, just great all-around signers. So that being said, I spent a whopping $4.50 each to purchase tickets for Monday and Tuesday. As you will see from the haul, Monday was much better than Tuesday(then again, if i hadn't run out of cards on several guys, I could have stockpiled to some extent again today). I was still pleased with today and have learned to find the positive when graphing MLB games. Also today was replica Prince Fielder jersey giveaway; so that brought a few more out. I will be giving mine away most likely; b/c if I put it on, I am almost certain I will end up on the DL.

I digress...here we go
All Monday
Anthony Bass 3 cards
Alex Presly
Chad Qualls 2 cards
Brent Strom 3 cards
hou001_zps01ddcb63.jpg
all mon except 1 mchugh
Colin McHugh 4 cards
Tony Sipp 2 cards
Enrique Hernandez 3 cards

hou002_zps21d6a665.jpg
Chris Carter 6 cards(4 mon 2 tues)
Jose Veras 2 cards-tues(1 for Arron)
Darrin Downs 1 card(note: I was one of 2 guys to recognize Downs and I asked him to sign. He point blank asked if i was going to sell this card. Yep, Darrin, that signed Bowman is my ticket to financial freedom)
hou004_zps1bb20c3e.jpg
all monday
LJ Hoes 1 card
Scott Feldman 2 cards
Dexter Fowler 2 cards
Steve Sparks 4 cards
hou003_zps317ccbb7.jpg
Alan Ashby 4 cards
Bo Porter 2 cards(today)
Marwin Gonzalez 1 cards
Dallas Keuchel 2 cards(1 per day) he signed a ton, promoting the #votekeuchel campaign
hou005_zps23a26b27.jpg
Mark McLemore 4 cards(got today before pregame show..finally got the 2 for a 50/50 with Billyocean)
Jason Castro 4 cards(1 for Mort..awesome dude.signed 3 per both days.wish i had more)
Robbie Grossman 1 card(called up today..)
hou006_zps1841cbef.jpg
Carlos Corporan 1 card today
Jose Altuve 2 cards..1 per twice on mon
George Springer 4 cards(1 for Danny) Springer was the main attraction of the graphing community. Monday he signed about 8 total(i happened to get 2 cards done) then he saw a 14 yr old kid with a stack of 6 SI's.He signed 1 and bolted. He signed a lot more today(he said provided we all went home and voted 100 times for Keuchel. So I got 2 more done today) here's the pic the astros tweeted monday. i'm the dude with long hair and shades on his head..
springer_zpse81441f3.jpg
hou007_zps50794c8a.jpg
And in 2 days.....I got 1 current Ranger..That's it. They just don't sign much. It was this guy
hou008_zps8ca7fc76.jpg
thanks for reading
Chris

Last edited:
Check with me the next time Houston comes across the other side of the state and I might have a few things to get you restocked. :p

Darrin Downs 1 card(note: I was one of 2 guys to recognize Downs and I asked him to sign. He point blank asked if i was going to sell this card. Yep, Darrin, that signed Bowman is my ticket to financial freedom)

This made me laugh. :)

Truly an amazing haul, Chris! The 'stros can be good signers inside the park. I need to get my Springer SI done some time soon. :) Love the Darvish!

Great stuff, loved your editorializing: Darrin Downs 1 card(note: I was one of 2 guys to recognize Downs and I asked him to sign. He point blank asked if i was going to sell this card. Yep, Darrin, that signed Bowman is my ticket to financial freedom)!!!

If only, boy then we would all be rich!!

Damnnnnn buoy..... you got some serious graph time in, that is a pretty wonderful thing when you don't have enough cards anymore to go around. Is it my imagination or does Altuve resemble you a little?

Damnnnnn buoy..... you got some serious graph time in, that is a pretty wonderful thing when you don't have enough cards anymore to go around. Is it my imagination or does Altuve resemble you a little?

haha..maybe the scruff.i'm definitely taller and weigh a lot more. Monday i went scruffy look (hadnt shaved in a week) and no cap. tuesday i shaved and wore a hat on backwards..gotta change up the look. these guys are pros. :)
thanks again, fellas.

Wow, those are some great pickups. I got Hoes when he was still with the Redhawks back in May. I didn't realize they had called him up. It seems the Rangers are throwing in the towel for this season...

Holy Cow Chris!
I owe you a bunch man! Thank's, and fantastic series!
Also, I tried to PM you back, but it said you have too many messages. - Delete some!!