A trip to the LCS with my former friend Ben Franklin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aceecards

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Besides tornado warning sirens blaring all over the st Louis metroplex for the better part of the afternoon, I decided to heed their warning and venture into the lcs with my friend ben franklin

he had a one pack left in box of bowman sterling baseball, those with 3 autos

and a full box.

Bought some penny sleeves and top loaders and he let me have the one pack from open box and fresh first pick pack from a new box for the benjamin franklin.

Shouldve kept ole ben for another day!

Pack one

a base of harvey rc for mets

autos in this order
styrker trahan dbacks c
tyrone taylore brewers of
daniel straily A's pitcher

A true collection of whozits and whatzits..

Pack pack 2 from the new box

Pardon me while I quote Yogi Berra here

It was Dejavu all over again.

Harvey rc for mets

and in exact order..my autos were...

styrker trahan dbacks c
tyrone taylore brewers of
daniel straily A's pitcher

Needless to say I know have a matching pair of bookends!

That are available for trade should you be a prospector or whozit flipper!

Oh well the top loaders and penny sleeves were useful!

Stryker Trahan at least has a cool name. Any Cubs stuff I might be interested in? Sucks about the strikes, though.

we had a good laugh at shop, ive been in this hobby since 1968 , I thought Id seen it all

I once got the same two redemptions ina box of exquisite football, turned out to be jimmy graham which wasnt all bad!

tim , no cubs stuff sadly, they probably dont have any prospects worthy of enough for bowman sterling..LOL

And Im a diehard cubs fan.. i think im gonna cry now..

No about the cubs..

ace. Cubs will be fine. They have 8 decades of stupidity to recover from. Theo has about half of that accounted for now. Give him twenty more months, they'll be really good. Pierce Johnson and Josh Conway will represent.

I trust ya. Tim.

Ive been a diehard since the early 70's listening to wgn on my transistor radio under the sheets or on the playground.

Ive been thru the George Mitterwalds, Barry Footes, Jody Jodeeee davis, 25 3rd baseman since Santo, Sutter gone, raffy gone.

Its so bad I was thinking of rewriting my daily journal of the 1984 season.. who can forget "jump" leading off every TV broadcast.

Ive lived thru Jack Brickhouse, Milo Hamilton, Stoney and Carey to whomever the clowns are now in the booth.

Remember Steve Macklin?

Jerome walton and Dwight Smith? who knew walton was already 30 LOL

Ironic we got rid of Buckner and Durham boots the grounder in 84 only to have buckner do it worse in 86.

I-Fan Dejesus, bump wills, do I have to go on..

Oh yea for hours im afraid. Shawn - o- meter!