An encounter with Ozzie Canseco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wax Heaven

Prospect
I know the Canseco brothers are not the most popular guys in baseball but yesterday evening I read on Wikipedia that former prospect and Jose Canseco's twin brother Ozzie was playing in a softball league in South Florida and checked it out---and ran into him. He was in great shape, very friendly to me and the wife, talked to us for a couple of minutes, signed two cards (one for me, another for a Canseco Collector I know), and then went on to crush a home run his first at bat.

It was extremely cold last night so his auto is not great but they are awesome and will go in my Canseco collection (969 different cards).

e-1.jpg
j.jpg
m.jpg

I like the accompanying photos.

I can't do anything but laugh about the 'cold' night in Florida. Right now I have between two to three feet of snow in my front yard and typical night time temps in the teens-to-single-digits. :)

We will be going again next Wednesday but not to ask him for anything....just to cheer on and watch a fun game of baseball with someone out of the ordinary playing.

Hey, you know we get those cold nights in Florida too, 60 degrees brrrrrrrr. (Smiles). Great story and I am sure it was a great experience.

Bob

I like the accompanying photos.

I can't do anything but laugh about the 'cold' night in Florida. Right now I have between two to three feet of snow in my front yard and typical night time temps in the teens-to-single-digits. :)

Double the snow and add a minus sign. That is how our Wisconsin winter has been.

Shawn

I bought an Ozzie Canseco jersey at the Cardinals winter warm-up one year. I tried to get my buddy to buy a Felix Jose jersey, so when we sat in the stands it would read JOSE CANSECO from behind.

fdgowin