Andre Dawson 1990 Donruss Aqueous Test #223 (Contest Winner Announced!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad - Thanks!

TJCloutier - Someone posted earlier reports of only 3-12 cards of each. I'm not sure if anyone actually knows for sure. I've actually only seen 2 in my life. One was a fake.

Tim - Thanks! I can't believe a Carter went for $5. Commons sell for that sometimes.

dadofandrew - Thanks! I know the feeling my friend!

Tom - Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!

Mozzie22 - Thank you!

Todd - Thank! According to the Beckett Annual I have from 2005, it's not known if all cards were produced or not. They really remain a collecting mystery for the most part. (See below)

Tim - Check out this link... *CLICK HERE*

mindbinge - Thanks! I was thrilled!

Thanks
Craig

Again.. never heard of this set.. but congratz!!

Christopher

75zito - No print run released on these. It's believed that there were only a total of 2,000-2,500 total cards were produced. Not 2,000-2,500 total cards of each player, but 2,000-2,500 cards TOTAL! Maybe

Thanks
Craig

So thats not a lot then.. that set has over 700 cards in it? So if 1 of each maybe a print run of /3 or something like that.. either way good find!!!

Christopher

Just spent 30 minutes reading that thread. Impressive - after 22 years of collecting, it amazes me how many things are still in this hobby that I have never even heard of! Of course, I am collecting a player that started his career in 2002...........

Tim

Did you have to crack open the piggie bank for it?!? :p Or did it come cheaper than the Barry Bonds one that sold recently on ebay?

If that was the same Bonds I saw yesterday, there was no picture of the back. The seller claimed it was an Aqueous test card, but was foolish enough not to scan the back! Hopefully the buyer did research and got a scan. Hate to pay $25+ for a regular 1990 Donruss Bonds!

22.05 + 2.95 s/h....not quite as cheap as the carter the day before but still not too bad i'd say....

Craig, you had to search long and hard for a long time to find your Dawson...all I had to do was look at Beckett for 5 minutes to see there wasnt one...

don't be so sure ....from beckett (and not the user submitted becketpedia info) :

These cards are remarkably similar to the 1990 Donruss issue except that the words "Aqueous Test" are printed in black ink on the back. It is possible, but not confirmed that all cards may exist in this set. Any additions to this checklist is greatly appreciated.

cmcjr99 - Thats it? Really? Wow...

Thanks
Craig

yup....sad thing is i really wanted it , but i was also chasing an 06-07 exquisite basketball dual auto /10 for the pc...i had never even seen a single copy of it before and for that reason it was my top priority for the day...as such i held off on the bonds - and still came up short on my main target....:(