Another ebayer copy and pastes my auction description

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Am I missing something here? The text is basic. There isn't anything detailed about the listing. Much more effort could have gone into writing something that would catch people's attention. Not sure if the added effort would have help in the end for either you or the current auction, but it couldn't hurt.

I'd say the key to getting the most exposure is to capture key words that people search for. This is your "meat"..."autos,game used,inserts,star cards,HOF,rookies,graded cards,refractors,short prints as low as 1/1". I am not sure the rest helps you out at all, other than to fill space. Now a list of key names would have captured more search hits, but I didn't see that unless it was and the end of all the pics.

Am I missing something here? The text is basic. There isn't anything detailed about the listing. Much more effort could have gone into writing something that would catch people's attention. Not sure if the added effort would have help in the end for either you or the current auction, but it couldn't hurt.

I'd say the key to getting the most exposure is to capture key words that people search for. This is your "meat"..."autos,game used,inserts,star cards,HOF,rookies,graded cards,refractors,short prints as low as 1/1". I am not sure the rest helps you out at all, other than to fill space. Now a list of key names would have captured more search hits, but I didn't see that unless it was and the end of all the pics.

i thought i did pretty good job with what i wrote in the listing and catching peoples attention..I mean i fetched $800 when i was only thinking it would do $300 range..Overall the auction got 564 views,47 bids and 60+ people watching it at auction end so i don't think thats to bad of a job..Anyways i didn't make this thread to ramble on about what i wrote in my auction..I made it to rant a bit about a lazy ebayer copying and pasting my work..I appreciate all of your advice though..thanks!

Last edited:
I wasn't bashing you, by the way. I understand what you are saying though but why work on something when you can borrow one already to go? I have never done it, nor have I used other people's pictures, but I have saved pictures from people that I liked or wanted for future reference.

If I saw a great ebay listing template, contest template on a site like this or some other written information I thought would be useful, I wouldn't hesitate to borrow it...unless it was copyrighted or something like that. ©

i thought i did pretty good job with what i wrote in the listing and catching peoples attention..I mean i fetched $800 when i was only thinking it would do $300 range..Overall the auction got 564 views,47 bids and 60+ people watching it at auction end so i don't think thats to bad of a job..Anyways i didn't make this thread to ramble on about what i wrote in my auction..I made it to rant a bit about a lazy ebayer copying and pasting my work..I appreciate all of your advice though..thanks!

It's cool :)

I wasn't bashing you, by the way. I understand what you are saying though but why work on something when you can borrow one already to go? I have never done it, nor have I used other people's pictures, but I have saved pictures from people that I liked or wanted for future reference.

If I saw a great ebay listing template, contest template on a site like this or some other written information I thought would be useful, I wouldn't hesitate to borrow it...unless it was copyrighted or something like that. ©