Another record!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyBrawler

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Remember how last week I said I got a new record set for speed on an autograph return?

Today brings in my longest wait ever: 1502 days. Or 1481 days if you don't count the three weeks it took to get from my mother-in-law getting it at my previous house to get to my current residence. Either way, it shatters my previous record, coming from Terry Pendleton's 3 year struggle to find a Sharpie from 2008-2011.

Ben Oglivie, c/o home, sent 5/13/2010, received 6/23/2014 (likely arrived in Wichita Falls on 6/2/2014), 2/2 cards.

Also got Pat Neshek, c/o Cardinals, 4/4; Bill Virdon, c/o home, 2/2; and Bud Harrelson, c/o home, 5/5. Each took exactly one week.

I just bought a roll of stamps over the weekend. Hope my mailman is ready. I'm getting back into this in immediate Beast Mode.

There might be. Mine came back with a different address label stuck on and the words "NEW SECRETARY" written above it. So it sounds like... well... he has a new secretary.

Wondering if my second request (sent to his team in 2012) might come in too...

loved your comment about Terry Pendleton's 3 year struggle to find a Sharpie from 2008-2011.
Reminded me of how my Dad used to joke about people getting writer's cramp from signing so many autographs!

Good stuff, Neshek is bouncing around a little bit these days eh? I thought he was still with Oakland.

He is, I was hoping to do an interview with him for my former Wednesday Friendsday segment on my blog (where I interview and profile friends of mine who are autograph collectors) but no luck on that.