another whats it worth question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superpieman

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
so as many of you know i collect ernie banks. anyway i have a very nice sweet spot auto that im toying around with the idea of selling so i can pocket a little money and buy some lower end ernie banks stuff. problem is i have never once seen one on ebay. its this card , only red ink and #/25. what do you guys think it may be worth? i was thinking somewhere in the 110-120 range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/03-SWEET-SPOT-C...L-AUTO-JSY-14-73-/120568438890?pt=US_Baseball

again its just an idea im tossing around, chances are it wont happen but i appreciate your input on the off chance i do it.

The one you provided a link to had a BV of $120, so while most of the value can be attributed to the autograph rather than rarity I think I'd give yours a 1.2x to maybe 1.5x value (a $150 to $175 top value), assuming the signature is just as sharp you should be able to get close to $100 cash for it.

The one you provided a link to had a BV of $120, so while most of the value can be attributed to the autograph rather than rarity I think I'd give yours a 1.2x to maybe 1.5x value (a $150 to $175 top value), assuming the signature is just as sharp you should be able to get close to $100 cash for it.

at that price i would definatly hold on it because of how hard they are to find. that was the first one #/73 ive seen in a long time.

With only one person willing to pay over $75 for a rare Sweet Spot autograph with as long as you say it's been off eBay, I don't see the one a little rarer going over $100, I would hope that there would be a second person to push the price but the one that has the auto may not be bidding for a second one. You cold test the waters with a Best Offer or BIN but a regular auction may just disapoint you.

With only one person willing to pay over $75 for a rare Sweet Spot autograph with as long as you say it's been off eBay, I don't see the one a little rarer going over $100, I would hope that there would be a second person to push the price but the one that has the auto may not be bidding for a second one. You cold test the waters with a Best Offer or BIN but a regular auction may just disapoint you.

i disagree somewhat with this only for the fact that the one i linked was a best offer the seller took. theres no telling how many people were willing to pay that price. it just means he took the first good offer he got. there could be a ton of people out there willing to take it at that price or a better one. thats why i dont like referencing BIN when selling cards on these boards because you really dont know what would have happened in a bidding war.