Any sports card consignment stores online?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJCloutier

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I've been dealing with the thought of selling my collection for awhile and I never know where to start. I'm at the point where I'm just going to start grabbing and putting them up on eBay as I'm hoping to move in the next 6 months and I'm not as attached as I used to be. The thought of consignment stores popped into my head. I live in Maine so it's not like I could ship the entire collection at once and there aren't a whole lot of buyers up here either so I more and more am thinking about just piecing it out and again maybe consignment.

Besides the trust issue is this a good idea? Any recommendations

Thanks guys. I've heard of it and looked years ago at Sheffield's. Totally forgot about it! I'd like to sell around 8,000 duplicate commons/inserts of JUST Sheffield as well as thousands of numbered and a few hundred autographs. Would anyone recommend this route over another? Thanks again

Thanks guys. I've heard of it and looked years ago at Sheffield's. Totally forgot about it! I'd like to sell around 8,000 duplicate commons/inserts of JUST Sheffield as well as thousands of numbered and a few hundred autographs. Would anyone recommend this route over another? Thanks again

I'd recommend selling the Base/Lower End as lots on forums or eBay, and everything else on COMC. It is waaaay more cost efficient to do it yourself, but COMC is so easy- just set and forget. They also list on both Amazon/eBay and take all of the "return liability."

Please note: I am not associated with them at all- just really enjoy their services as they help keep the hobby sustainable for me!

It depends on what you are willing to take for your stuff. if you were fanatical about Sheffield, it may be hard to sell a lot of the good stuff that has natually dropped in value over the years as newer stuff catches buyers eyes. Sheffield has since retired and probably is not a likely HOF candidate in the near future (11% vote on last ballot), so his settles in with that group of pretty darn good players who seem to get little respect. I'd vote him in, but that is just me.

I liked collecting him when he was a Padre and was flirting with the triple crown in the early 90s. Then he appeared with the Dodgers later, which is a plus for me. I guess 500 HRS is no longer significant these days and his overall numbers are significant, but maybe just a bit short for the elitists these days. I like the guy and actually just recently picked up a box of 400-500 or so 90s-00s inserts (fair amount of duplication) for around $15 if that tells you anything.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online