Anyne know the last player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Possibly Jeff Bagwell or to a lesser extent Jeff Blauser??? Here is the 97 NL AS squad:

Starters
Position/ Player Team/ All-Star Games

C Mike Piazza Dodgers 5
1B Jeff Bagwell Astros 3
2B Craig Biggio Astros 6
3B Ken Caminiti Padres 3
SS Barry Larkin[1] Reds 9
OF Barry Bonds Giants 7
OF Kenny Lofton[1] Braves 4
OF Larry Walker Rockies 2

Pitchers

P Rod Beck Giants 3
P Kevin Brown Marlins 3
P Shawn Estes Giants 1
P Tom Glavine[1] Braves 5
P Bobby Jones Mets 1
P Darryl Kile Astros 2
P Greg Maddux Braves 6
P Pedro Martínez Expos 2
P Denny Neagle Braves 2
P Curt Schilling Phillies 1

Reserves

C Todd Hundley[1] Mets 2
C Charles Johnson Marlins 1
C Javy López Braves 1
1B Andrés Galarraga Rockies 3
1B Mark Grace Cubs 3
2B Tony Womack Pirates 1
3B Chipper Jones Braves 2
SS Jeff Blauser Braves 2
SS Royce Clayton Cardinals 1
OF Moisés Alou Marlins 2
OF Steve Finley Padres 1
OF Tony Gwynn Padres 13
OF Ray Lankford Cardinals 1

From Beckett
These two oversize pins were issued before the 1997 All-Star game and featured head shots of the players voted to the starting lineup in each league. The pins were produced before the starting pitchers were announced so neither pitcher is on the pin. The pins were approved by both Major League Baseball and the MLBPA and were produced by JKA Specialties in New Jersey.

I take that to mean that there are actually 8 Players pictured on the 1997 oversized All Star Pins, all starters with the exception of the Pitcher from each league.

I have not been able to find a picture of this pin though so I am just stabbing in the dark
Based on the 97 NL starters, I would assume It to be Jeff Bagwell, or Jeff Blauser, However if it actually does show all 8 Position starters it should picture the Following Players:
Craig Biggio
Tony Gwynn
Barry Bonds
Mike Piazza
Jeff Bagwell
Larry Walker
Ken Caminiti
Kenny Lofton (who was injured and Replaced by Ray Lankford I believe)
Barry Larkin (also Injured Replaced By Blauser)

I would assume since Lofton and Larkin were the named starters that they would appear on the Pin and not Lankford or Blauser

Last edited:
I just downloaded the PDF checklist for that set. The NL pin actually has Lofton, Gwynn, Biggio, Bagwell, Piazza, Larry Walker, Larkin and Caminiti. I believe those were all 8 position player starters for the All-Star game. The pins were produced before starting pitchers were named.

If you like, you can PM me your email address and I can send you the PDF as an attachment, which has full details.

Hope this helps...

Robert

I just downloaded the PDF checklist for that set. The NL pin actually has Lofton, Gwynn, Biggio, Bagwell, Piazza, Larry Walker, Larkin and Caminiti. I believe those were all 8 position player starters for the All-Star game. The pins were produced before starting pitchers were named.

If you like, you can PM me your email address and I can send you the PDF as an attachment, which has full details.

Hope this helps...

Robert