Anyone buy any 2012 Leaf History of Baseball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panzram

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I wasn't really impressed because most of the pieces look to be index cards rather then baseball cards. But I bought a box for fun.

I saw a bunch of unsealed boxes at the retail stores which I avoided, but did finally come across a sealed one, think it was $30, got a index card sig of Chief Hogsett from the '35 Tigers world championship team. Didn't blow me away but I'd rather get that than some guy who has signed in every product ever released- guys whose sigs are just dropping in value due to the mass availability- like Tom Seaver.

I saw a bunch of unsealed boxes at the retail stores which I avoided, but did finally come across a sealed one, think it was $30, got a index card sig of Chief Hogsett from the '35 Tigers world championship team. Didn't blow me away but I'd rather get that than some guy who has signed in every product ever released- guys whose sigs are just dropping in value due to the mass availability- like Tom Seaver.

How crazy is that? I bought one a couple months back and who did I get? Chief Hogsett lol. Maybe not the greatest name but better him than folks who have tons of autographs out on the market already.

I like it because there are many autographs in this stuff that will make younger fans Google their names and learn about who they were. Many of the autos may not be worth a ton but it'll help give lessons in baseball history if nothing else and that's a good thing.

How crazy is that? I bought one a couple months back and who did I get? Chief Hogsett lol. Maybe not the greatest name but better him than folks who have tons of autographs out on the market already.

I like it because there are many autographs in this stuff that will make younger fans Google their names and learn about who they were. Many of the autos may not be worth a ton but it'll help give lessons in baseball history if nothing else and that's a good thing.

So you're saying I don't have a 1/1? LOL

I got one box a month ago or so... Pulled this.. bla....Dave Engle
scan00012_zpsd6bf6a45.jpg

I bought one box and pulled Matty Alou, would much rather have gotten Chief Hogsett though...so if either of you don't want it shoot me a message, shoot all of you did better then me since they all played for the Tigers at some point

Last edited: