Anyone else dislike "I have $ paypal for the best auto/gu/patch lot" threads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mightydon

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Anyone else dislike "I have $ paypal for the best auto/gu/patch lot" threads?

Hey everyone,
Maybe it's just me but is anyone else noticing a cluttering of the boards with threads like "I have $ paypal for the best auto/gu/patch lot".

Could there be a new place to post such threads just as The Bench did with all the "See My Bucket" or "CMB" threads a while back? If these types of posts are successful, maybe they do warrant a place for themselves on The Bench.

Just my opinion.
Don

it does not bother me that they post those if they would be more specific and actually spend money and reply to threads ! what i hate most is the sucess posts that clutter up the board more than anything ! who cares that you got two in the mail autos from non star cards ! i've seen several post three different ones in a row !
david

Just as we don't allow "grab bags" or "auctions" maybe we shouldn't allow these "buying the best lot" threads. It's not like there isn't people selling stuff all the time here that someone can take the time to read and maybe make a deal.

I ignore them as well. I love the whole "come strong" added notes. Puhlease.

I also ignore these types of threads......because you can have two or more bench members trying to offer the best auto/gu/patch lot...the only winner would be the buyer. Happy New Year! David

I don;t like those threads much either Althought It dosen;t bother me when people post those threads. If it works for them good going. I my self have not made a deal on those threads but if they can get a deal done I don;t see what the big deal is

personally i have no problem with them at all - in fact i think it's really not a bad idea....there are plenty of people advertising tons of stuff they want to move and threads like that give them at least a small opportunity to be paired up with someone looking to spend money ....speaking of many people posting items (singles , lots , or al a carte style lists) , most of the time i just don't have the time to spend browsing long lists hoping to find a specific need or two and i don't care for viewing buckets.....people who are buying in the manner discussed here generally give people a point in the right direction (prospects , hof autos , gu , vintage , specific player/team , etc).....

to be honest , though i have virtually no funds available right now , i have strongly considered my own "$xx. pay pal available for the best (fill in the blank)" thread ....really that's no worse than post a ton of WTTF threads and listing obscure players or cards....every collector is different and every collection is unique....i was under the impression sites like this were designed to bring collectors together whether the motive is collection expansion/reduction , learning , or simply fellowship....

so i guess in summation , i'd say , if you don't like the threads that's fine , but as long as there is nothing illegal or in violation of TOS then they are harmless....

Doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't get out of hand, but if it bothers that many people it should have its own section. What does bother me is when a few members bump up 6-10 of their posts at once. If we're only allowed to bump once every 24 hours and I am unlucky enough to post right before someone does this my post disappears to page two before anyone gets to see it.

I do agree on that one. As far as the paypal for the best lot, I actually have been thinking of using that one for myself. As some members here know, I will spend a little money now and then, when I see a deal. But sometimes, I might want to just throw a little around, lol, and see what I can get. It is all about getting people together and making stuff move. That is just my two cents worth. But for me right now, I don't have a lot of the stuff people are looking for, and I need to get back into it. So if I am going to spend a little, be it here or on ebay, why not see what I can get here from members for my loot?

Doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't get out of hand, but if it bothers that many people it should have its own section. What does bother me is when a few members bump up 6-10 of their posts at once. If we're only allowed to bump once every 24 hours and I am unlucky enough to post right before someone does this my post disappears to page two before anyone gets to see it.

LOL...to all of you....I have to giggle, because I feel the same way as most of you do...what I hate is taking the time to send scans, then they want that 'best deal price'....you give them a great deal...and they come back, saying....I only pay 25 percent or 20 percent or 30 percent, blah, blah...

Big waste of time!! Yeah, the come strong gets to me as well. lol to Meliah...love those, too....NOT. When I first joined The Bench....I was like what does sick mean?? I still don't like that saying, but that's my personal saying.

And, who cares if you pulled a nice patch...I mean, that's great...but why should you ask for more just because it's a patch??

Good question to bring up, Don..

Diane

I have posted them from time to time with Yankees numbered and Yankees base. I have done well buying from them and the members were happy to sell. It works for me. I do post that they pm me the offers, maybe thats less clutter?