Anyone else use Beckett Collections?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellis Shoe

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Hey guys, I recently decided since I had the baseball OPG I would use the collections tool as well for my player collections. Other than the painstaking work of putting in all the cards, I really think I am going to like it. I have my Lerew collection in, just finished my Oswalt collection, and am at 390 cards on my Chipper one and am at 1999 and just can not do anymore tonight lol. I really like the stats at the top of each collection. Here are my Oswalt ones. Not too bad for only collecting him for about 7 months.

Total Value: $1,051.45 (also have 6 that are N/A)
Items: 294
Haves: 294
MEM: 33
AUTO: 24
Ser #'d: 65
RC: 1

I just use them for my player collections. I like how you can search for a player, and then click the + next to their name in the results and add all of the player's cards to your account. Sure you still have to work out the Have/Want, but at least it populates all at once and asks you which one of your collections you'd like the new cards added to.

I started just doing each player as a single collection, but for my Matt Williamses, I created a separate collection for haves and wants. Now when I get something from my wantlist, I just move it to my havelist. Works pretty well. But would be great to be able to export the list without having to do lots of messy copying & pasting and cleaning in notepad.

I've used it for a awhile now.

Few thing I don't like is when you have all you extra cards listed and someone wants to know what jeters you have, there is no easy way to cut and paste a list to them.

The person can go in and look at your extra Jeters, but some people don't like going into a strange site.

Haven't entered my personnel player collection in there yet. Do have my expensive cards and graded cards. It even has a location for the seriel number of the graded card (if graded thru beckett).

Larry

How can you get the link to be able to show someone your list? All of my collections are "public", but I tried linking to them and it just dropped me at the main Beckett page. Is there an obvious "share your list" button I'm missing?

Unless they changed it recently they have to sign up. No cost, and they don't get to see any prices.

Larry

How can you get the link to be able to show someone your list? All of my collections are "public", but I tried linking to them and it just dropped me at the main Beckett page. Is there an obvious "share your list" button I'm missing?

On the upper part of your main "My collections" page:
  • Go to the Red Toolbox icon
  • Click on "Basics" in the account section
  • On that page you will find the URL for your "Collections"
  • Just CC&P that address wherever you want it

Hope that helps,
Gene

it's alright... i did notice that some cards that are autos, are marked as autos and the same with some GU... so the counts are off on my collections... frustrating