Anyone ever seen this w/ Serial Numbered cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks21

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I have a 2001 Upper Deck Pros and Prospects #105 Josh Towers PS RC. Beckett lists the card serial numbered to 1250. I was just adding this card to my trade list and noticed it is numbered 0322/125. When held in the light I can see the indentation for the zero but there is no foil in it at all. Does anyone know if they were all like this? I have seen this before but its weird it was just in that zero and the indentation is in the Pros and Prospects box. It seems the serial number was to close to the Pros & Prospects foil. Anyone notice this before on this product?
josh.jpg

Last edited:
I havent seen it on this product, but I have seen it multiple times on 00 Black Diamond RC Edition Golds. The 1000 seems to be a 100 sometimes.

clinton

Forgot what brand it was but I remember some being numbered 101/100.

There has to be an O's fan here that has this Towers rookie. I mean there at least 124 out there, lol.

I have owned the Josh Towers before - I was putting this set together. I do not recall having an issue with the foil stamping. However, I have had cards from other sets with similar issues. It is obviously a printing flaw. A Towers collector might consider it cool, though.

Tim

I have owned the Josh Towers before - I was putting this set together. I do not recall having an issue with the foil stamping. However, I have had cards from other sets with similar issues. It is obviously a printing flaw. A Towers collector might consider it cool, though.

Tim

Ya, I may have to give it a ride on the Bay.

Forgot what brand it was but I remember some being numbered 101/100.

There has to be an O's fan here that has this Towers rookie. I mean there at least 124 out there, lol.

I thought it was from the 2008 ud heroes......someone pulled an insert....numbered 250/249! Best regards, David