Anyone Know What Years These "Game Cards" Were In Production?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loyalty32

HOF
5.00 star(s)
I have finished scanning all of my Autographs, Game Used and Serial Numbered cards and I've decided to start on a couple smaller groups next. Up first is the "Game Cards". Can anyone tell me what years these companies actually started and stopped producing these cards? If they have stopped that is.

APBA * 1951 - Present
Clubhouse *
Info *
Main Street *
Pursue The Pennant *
Replay Games *
Statis-Pro *
Strat-O-Matic * 1961 - Present

Also, if anyone knows of any others that I don't have listed, that Dawson is included in PLEASE let me know!

Thanks!
Craig

*I will update these as information comes in

Last edited:
Strat-O-Matic was first released in 1961. The first set contained 80 All Star players. The first season they released all major league teams was 1963.

APBA was first released in 1951.

Both games are still published.

Michael

Michael - Thanks for the GREAT info! Have they actually been running that long with no gaps in there? Thats pretty amazing! I appreciate the info!

Thanks again!
Craig

I just looked through my 2008 SCD and did not see any of the company's you listed in there. Is there any more info you can give? If so I will check and see what I can find. I have to go to work now but I will check this evening and let you know.

Here is my list that I own for O'neill for you to look at:
1988 APBA Baseball
1988 ASG Use Yellow Base Runners Marker
1988 Clubhouse Baseball
1988 Pursue the Pennant
1988 Replay Baseball
1989 APBA Baseball
1989 ASG
1989 Clubhouse Baseball
1989 Replay Baseball
1989 Strat-O-Matic
1990 APBA Baseball
1990 Info Baseball
1990 Pursue the Pennant
1990 Replay Games
1991 APBA Baseball
1991 Replay Games
1992 Avalon Hill Statis Pro
1992 Info Baseball
1992 Strat-O-Matic
1993 APBA Baseball
1993 Avalon Hill Statis Pro
1993 Strat-O-Matic
1994 Dynasty League Baseball
1994 Info Baseball
1994 Pursue the Pennant
1994 Strat-O-Matic
1995 APBA BAseball
1995 Dynasty League Baseball
1995 Pursue the Pennant
1995 Strat-O-Matic
1996 Strat-O-Matic
1997 Dynasty League Baseball
1997 Dynasty League Baseball (blue)
1997 Strat-O-Matic
1998 APBA Baseball (Version 1)
1998 APBA Baseball (Version 2)
1998 Dynasty League Baseball
1998 Strat-O-Matic
1999 APBA Baseball (Version 1)
1999 APBA Baseball (Version 2)
1999 Dynasty League Baseball
2000 APBA MLB Premiere Edition
2000 Dynasty League Baseball
2000 Strat-O-Matic
2001 APBA MLB 50th Ann.
2000 Dynasty League Baseball
2002 Negamco
2002 Replay Baseball

I just looked through my 2008 SCD and did not see any of the company's you listed in there. Is there any more info you can give? If so I will check and see what I can find. I have to go to work now but I will check this evening and let you know.

Except for a recent All Star set the Strat-O-Matic cards never have had any pictures, unlike Classic which got it's start masquerading as a game company.

I first started playing the game in 1976 and have been in continuing face to face leagues non-stop since 1982.

thanks alot.. now I have new Zito stuff to find...:mad: lol.. is there a ck. list anywhere? "strat-o-matic" I searched on the website but didn't return any results?

does anyone play this.. online version? If so I would be interested.. I would need to buy.. but looks fun!!

thanks
Christopher

Last edited:
mm1sub - Here is a link to my Photobucket where all my "Game Cards" have been scanned. *CLICK HERE* (Sub Albums on the left)

Yanks21 - Thanks for the link and list. Now I just need to figure out which sets Dawson was included in. I forgot all about the checklist!

JamesNevans - Thats cool that people are still playing!

75zito - Sorry! I didn't mean to make more work for you!

Thanks
Craig

Last edited:
I finally got them all scanned and got a list made out of what I don't have.

Thanks
Craig

*I can use any checklist list that Andre Dawson is listed on

APBA Baseball - 1982, 1984, 1989, 1991, 1995 & 1996

Clubhouse Baseball - (I only have 1989 & 1990)

Info Baseball - (I only have 1987 & 1988)

Main Street Baseball - (I only have 1989)

Pursue The Pennant - 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992 & 1995

Replay Baseball - 1981, 1983, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 & 1996

Statis-Pro Baseball - 1977, 1978, 1980, 1982, 1993, 1994, 1995 & 1996

Strat-O-Matic Baseball - 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1985 & 1986

*I'm not 100% sure what years these cards were actually in production...

That can be a tough area to collect. Many people still play/enjoy the games and either keep the cards for the playing and/or use them and wear them out to the point hey are not collectible anymore.

You typically see team sets and there is quite a fair amount of action on them. I have won some team sets in the past, but got most of my collection from a Dave Winfield collector who must have bought tons of sets for his cards. He must have hooked me up with 20-40 different game cards.

Cadaco has those discs that are kinda like the other cards, but round. I'm sure Dawson is featured in that game.

thanks alot.. now I have new Zito stuff to find...:mad: lol.. is there a ck. list anywhere? "strat-o-matic" I searched on the website but didn't return any results?

does anyone play this.. online version? If so I would be interested.. I would need to buy.. but looks fun!!

thanks
Christopher

I play in a league called SMILEY that myself and a friend started back in 2000. We started with 1968 and are just about to draft for 1986 (we play roughly 2 seasons a year, 22 week long schedule, 3-4 games a week). Occasionally there is online play head to head but I consider it an online league. You can go to the strat site. They used to have a bulletin board for leagues looking for players, either face-to-face or netplay.

http://smileyleague.org/
http://strat-o-maticmedia.com/ they've updated this since the last time I was there in january to order the new game/cards.

That can be a tough area to collect. Many people still play/enjoy the games and either keep the cards for the playing and/or use them and wear them out to the point hey are not collectible anymore.

You typically see team sets and there is quite a fair amount of action on them. I have won some team sets in the past, but got most of my collection from a Dave Winfield collector who must have bought tons of sets for his cards. He must have hooked me up with 20-40 different game cards.

Cadaco has those discs that are kinda like the other cards, but round. I'm sure Dawson is featured in that game.

I've picked up all of the Cadaco Discs. Like you said, I really only see the others listed as team sets. If I knew some other people who would want the others Expos/Cubs I wouldn't mind sharing the cost but you know how that goes...

Thanks
Craig

I do know how that does. Heck, I even would take complete team sets for the Dodgers, but they always seem to sell strong, especially lately. Have not on any game cards for a while, a long while! I still need a few, but would hesitate to buy singles anyway for fear they were dated wrong.

If you have purchased/traded for team sets, you have probably noticed the roster cards with player names too (APBA). Kinda like a checklist. Dawson would be featured on those too.

I actually haven't picked up a single roster card yet. I have a total of 61 different game cards so far, not including the Cadaco. I guess I'll have to break down and buy the team sets in the future...

Thanks
Craig

I do know how that does. Heck, I even would take complete team sets for the Dodgers, but they always seem to sell strong, especially lately. Have not on any game cards for a while, a long while! I still need a few, but would hesitate to buy singles anyway for fear they were dated wrong.

If you have purchased/traded for team sets, you have probably noticed the roster cards with player names too (APBA). Kinda like a checklist. Dawson would be featured on those too.