Anyone seen this baseball card-related youtube vid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hey, I shop there! Down the street from where I work in Brooklyn. Bought my 2010 A&G box there a couple of months ago, and pulled a Heyward auto.

Hey, I shop there! Down the street from where I work in Brooklyn. Bought my 2010 A&G box there a couple of months ago, and pulled a Heyward auto.

That's cool, apparently from a couple of the comments I read below the vid, that place is closing. Is it?

That's cool, apparently from a couple of the comments I read below the vid, that place is closing. Is it?

This was the only card shop I was able to hit up when I was in new york this past summer. The atmosphere was nothing like it was in the video. I was the only customer and the owner wasn't there. Sadly, I had no idea how the shop was still around.

cool video wish that card shop was my local card shop seems like it would be much fun with hat guy...
i love when hesays heelllllzzzzz yea hahaahah please excuse my language just sayinng thats some funny stuff

what a great video. the owner had me cracking up.

i miss my card shop soo much! wish it was still around as well.

You know, I wasn't aware until I read those comments. But, like Anthony said, it doesn't quite surprise me. Still sad. The economy has been tough, and with less disposable income, people are spending less on hobbies. It always pains me to see one of our "homegrown" businesses fail. "Joe Rocks," as we call him, is as authentic Brooklyn as they come. Last summer, when I was in the shop, he made a couple of decent comic book sales. But a couple of months back when I bought the A&G box, I was the only customer during that hour or so.

One thing I'll miss is calling him on the phone and saying, "'Ay Joe, it's 'Teach'!" "Teach" was the nickname he gave me since I work in education (and used to teach in an after-school program at Flushing HS). Guess it was easier to remember than Robert or Bob. :D

After seeing this video, it really made me miss a card shop around here called Graf's. My dad used to take me there every so often, they always used to have stuff for kids there (cheap bins, cheap vintage, cheap packs, etc.). Unfortunately, it closed down a few years ago and was actually replaced by another card shop, but the one that's there now is mainly high-end stuff, so I almost never go there.