Anyone sold on Checkoutmycards.com?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Are they changing the way the charge for shipping? "flat rate" or is the just a special or will it be full time?

Christopher

They have not officially announced it yet, but I think last year they did $3 flat shipping. So you could buy 1,000 cards and only pay $3 for shipping. It doesnt get much better than that. It will probably just be for a day, or at most a week. This is all speculation though. Just going by what they did last year, and their "tease" from their blog.

I can't wait...I have about 75 cards waiting to be shipped to me, and I am certain this amount will increase before Black Friday...

Plus, in anticipation of increased sales, I am using the bulk pricing editor to lower prices on most of my cards by an additional 10-20%....for those of you who have a lot of cards for sale I would HIGHLY recommend using that program...

I just thought I would give another update. The more I get into COMC the more I like it. I have selling for a little over two weeks now and have sold 792 cards as of this morning. Yes, you read that right, 792 cards. And like I mentioned before, these are all "ported" cards that I bought off of other dealers, so I do not have a single penny in listing fees or anything else. And the way everyone is talking, I would not be suprised to see that number double on Black Friday. I am telling you all, if you have not checked it out you should do so soon. I wish I had started selling there a long long time ago. I think it will be a great help to our hobby. Ebay needs some competition.

I just thought I would give another update. The more I get into COMC the more I like it. I have selling for a little over two weeks now and have sold 792 cards as of this morning. Yes, you read that right, 792 cards. And like I mentioned before, these are all "ported" cards that I bought off of other dealers, so I do not have a single penny in listing fees or anything else. And the way everyone is talking, I would not be suprised to see that number double on Black Friday. I am telling you all, if you have not checked it out you should do so soon. I wish I had started selling there a long long time ago. I think it will be a great help to our hobby. Ebay needs some competition.

Nice!

I decided to try their offer for first time sellers. You can send in up to 50 cards, pay no fees, and the cards are listed within one week. I hate the idea of sending my cards away, but thought I'd give it a try. My cards went up today and I already sold one card and have an offer on another. Looks very promising.

Sue

Last edited:
I decided to try their offer for first time sellers. You can send in up to 50 cards, pay no fees, and the cards are listed within one week. I hate the idea of sending my cards away, but thought I'd give it a try. My cards went up today and I already sold one card have an offer on another. Looks very promising.

Sue

I did the same offer. I'm waiting for my cards to go up on the site.

I decided to try their offer for first time sellers. You can send in up to 50 cards, pay no fees, and the cards are listed within one week. I hate the idea of sending my cards away, but thought I'd give it a try. My cards went up today and I already sold one card and have an offer on another. Looks very promising.

Sue

Yeah, pity that deal isn't retro-active. I sent my cards in at the beginning of October for the standard processing rate, so they won't hit the site until Dec 1. So everyone else with the new deal will probably have already sold all of their cards while I'm still waiting for mine to hit the site.

I guess I'll know better next time and go with the priority shipping since I won't qualify as a first time seller anymore.

Today marks my one year anniversary as a seller on checkoutmycards.com and I couldn't be happier...I was a VIP member at Naxcom/Sportsbuy for about 5 years and have recently removed my entire inventory to list at COMC - the move was a no-brainer, the urgency of the move is another story (Shame on you Sportsbuy!).

Anyway, just thought I would share my COMC stats...

As of today:

Items for Sale: 4,471
Current BV: $12,716 (34 have no BV)

Sales: $2,165.30 ($5.93/day)
Items Sold 1,738 (almost 5 cards/day)

do they automatically put the BV on there for you and does it stay updated? not that Beckett would ever not be lazy and actually update prices or anything.

do they automatically put the BV on there for you and does it stay updated? not that Beckett would ever not be lazy and actually update prices or anything.

Yes, and yes. Even better than a simple update...when BVs change on any of your cards you get an email attachment (w/ links to your individual listings) that shows all of the cards with BV changes and old book, new book, your price etc...COMC protects sellers because when BV goes up on any of your listings those cards are temporarily unlisted until you set your price accordingly. In the event of lower BVs your cards remain listed at your original price and you can then set a lower price if you desire...

I recently started selling as well and love it. It's sort of like trading because I'm sending in all these random inserts/star cards, people buy them and then I use the credit to buy cards I want from the site.

I just sold a $50 Ripken card yesterday for 50% BV so that was pretty exciting. I bought it on ebay for a just a few bucks too.

UPDATE!

It has been a little over 3 months that I have been selling on COMC, and I just sold my 4,500th card a couple of minutes ago. This site has far exceeded any of my expectations. I really suggest trying it out if you have not already.

I may have actually bought that 4500th card. When I was buying stuff I ended up picking up a few cards from premium over the last couple weeks/months.

Very helpful information. I've been on-the-fence about COMC but hearing the good news from this thread, I'll have to check it out soon.

I may have actually bought that 4500th card. When I was buying stuff I ended up picking up a few cards from premium over the last couple weeks/months.

Thanks for your business! I try to make it an easy choice for the buyer. At the time of pricing, each and every card I price is the cheapest on the site. ;)

You werent the cheapest on a few, but I saw you were selling the same card so I purchased from you instead, I felt more comfortable giving over my money to a bench member and someone I know is trustworthy.

Just got a 50+ card shipment in the mail of all GU, autos, and new Ripkens for my collection all from COMC!!

Wow, 4500 cards?! I've only sold 27 cards and I've been extremely happy about that.

What tends to sell the best from your inventory? Such as...newer cards, older cards, or maybe a particular player, team, or set? SP's, autos, GU?

Oh, also do you get insulted when a buyer offers 50% (the lowest offer you can make) on one of your cards? As a buyer I tend to start out offering 50% of their list price, sometimes getting them at that price but most of the time using that to work to a reasonable price for both myself and the seller. I've been picking up Orioles GU cards for $1 and sometimes LESS.

One last question, what price do I need to set my $200 BV Ripken auto at to sell it? I've got it price at 50% and haven't even had any offers. haha...

Last edited: