As shocking as it may seem, I actually got a return!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uglyrad1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
This one may be my new favorite! But first, a little background....

This past January, I got to go to the Indians Media Days with my school's TV studio. While there, a buddy from the studio and I got to interview a few Indians players and personnel. Among the guys I interviewed, manager Manny Acta was one of them. He was by far the nicest guy, so I sent him a card for signing. What I got back was waaaay more than I expected!

Manny Acta
c/o Cleveland Indians
Signed 3/1
2009 Topps Heritage #212. He then included a 2011 Topps Heritage #242 because in my letter, I mentioned that I didn't have a card of him in an Indians jersey. He also signed by index card and personalized it "To: Christian. Keep up the good work."

He is a total class act! I need to get a thank you letter to him soon! Thanks for reading!:)
Christian

I was listening to a MLB Network Radio interview earlier this week of an Indians player (the name escapes me at the moment)....but they raved on how great Acta has been so far as a manager. Sure it is of the player's best interest to talk kindly of their manager, but this guy kept going on about Acta and the nice guy he really is....

Great story!