Ask the Audience ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CW13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I wanted to put this here since it involves TTM. I have 3 pretty nice GU American Association Baseballs and wanted to send them out; but thought I would get some input. the AA right now is an Independent League that does not really have the star studded names of others(Max Scherzer, Luke Hochevar, Tanner Scheppers and Aaron Crow are probably the biggest names. However the American Association has been around for quite some time and so here are the choices i have come to...Please rank who your top three of who you would send to TTM.....some of these i would try to get an inscription with also...I'm picking guys that are good returns for the most part
and played in the AA..
my choices:

Bernie Carbo(MVP 69)
Randy Bass(MVP 80,also Triple Crown Winner Japanese league in 85 and State Senator for Oklahoma)
Lance Johnson(MVP 87)
Cliff Cook(MVP 61)
Jim Gentile
Bob Uecker
Claude Osteen
Gary Peters(63 AL ROY)
Jack McKeon manager of 69 and 70 champs
Alex Grammas
Moose Skowron(costs 5 bucks)
Wayne Graham(Rice head coach)
there is a start...any other suggestions of players? once again, criteria is just played in some form of the American Association, old or new? let me know

thanks for your help....

Last edited:
Bernie Carbo would be #1
Jack McKeon #2
Jim Gentile #3

Liked Bernie in the '70 WS and '75 WS against his old mates...............

All are good choices. I would go with your gut. My gut also says Carbo. I can still see Carbo fouling pitch after pitch off against Eastwick and then taking him deep to tie the score in game 6 of the '75 Series. Without a doubt the greatest game I ever saw. He was amazing in that series, just like he was in the '69 season in the AA.

I have a carbo TTM out right now, sent it about 2 weeks ago, after I see how that goes I can better answer your question. On another note I sorta like Luke hochevar so he should be in the mix.

I have a carbo TTM out right now, sent it about 2 weeks ago, after I see how that goes I can better answer your question. On another note I sorta like Luke hochevar so he should be in the mix.

thanks!!...i did send to Hochevar during the season and got one signed. :)

Let me know if/when Carbo returns.I'm thinking he makes the cut