Attention attention all 15 topps a/g base set builders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluewatertrader

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
There are NO SP'S in the base set SP's are only in the mini sets

Thought everyone would like to know

...And to add there are no retired players in the product so no Jeter Koufax Ripken or Ryan or any other Hall of Famer

Larry

Last edited:
So the numbers in the base cards. ..over 301 are not short printed... Made it easy to finish the regular set. Thanks for the infor. Best regsrds, David
L

How do you know this, all I've read including other site says there are short prints.

There are NO SP'S in the base set SP's are only in the mini sets

Thought everyone would like to know

...And to add there are no retired players in the product so no Jeter Koufax Ripken or Ryan or any other Hall of Famer

Larry

Beckett is showing base 301-350 as short prints same as usual. With any luck, I will sort my 2 boxes tonight to get a feel for it.

Thanks,

Jeff

This is from Baseballcardpedia.com

http://baseballcardpedia.nfshost.com/index.php/2015_Topps_Allen_&_Ginter's

"NOTE: The last 50 cards in the (full-sized) base set are NOT short-printed; however, their corresponding Mini parallels are. We have put the "SP" flag on these cards for your checklisting convenience."

But yet this is from Sportscollectors Daily:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/2015-topps-allen-ginter-preview/

"The base set will include 350 baseball veterans and rookies as well as public figures and the usual non-sport type features. Fifty of those cards will be single-printed and fall one in every two packs."

And Beckett.com is listing 301-350 as SPs.

Hmmm.....

Scobes

I opened 1 box and 2 blasters and have 33 cards from 301-350

Your honor would like to submit into evidence

COPY AND PASTED FROM BASEBALLCARDPEDIA.COM
2015 Topps Allen & Ginter's is a 350-card set, scheduled for release the week of July 22nd. This is billed as the "Tenth Anniversary" of the popular product, although this is not accurate. While 2015 is the tenth "TANG" set, Allen & Ginter's tenth anniversary will be in 2016 -- ten years after the release of 2006 Topps Allen & Ginter's. Nonetheless, there are a number of Tenth Anniversary commemorations in the 2015 edition. As usual, each 24-pack Hobby box will include three of the following: Autographs, Relics, Rip Cards, or A&G Originals.
The set is notable for having the first certified autographs of Ichiro in a Topps product -- not to mention the first Ichiro Topps cards of any kind since 2012. The product will also include autographs of the cast of the Rocky films, signed in character, as well as autographs of selected 2015 NBA draft picks. Also, for the first time all 350 base cards were printed in equal quantities; however, the corresponding Mini parallels will have SPs .

COPY AND PASTED FROM THECARDBOARDCONNECTION.COM
Base Short Prints Set Checklist 50 cards. The full-size SP cards appear to be as common as the base cards this year. Cards #301-350 are still short prints for the mini parallel.

I opened 1 box and 2 blasters and have 33 cards from 301-350

Your honor would like to submit into evidence

COPY AND PASTED FROM BASEBALLCARDPEDIA.COM
2015 Topps Allen & Ginter's is a 350-card set, scheduled for release the week of July 22nd. This is billed as the "Tenth Anniversary" of the popular product, although this is not accurate. While 2015 is the tenth "TANG" set, Allen & Ginter's tenth anniversary will be in 2016 -- ten years after the release of 2006 Topps Allen & Ginter's. Nonetheless, there are a number of Tenth Anniversary commemorations in the 2015 edition. As usual, each 24-pack Hobby box will include three of the following: Autographs, Relics, Rip Cards, or A&G Originals.
The set is notable for having the first certified autographs of Ichiro in a Topps product -- not to mention the first Ichiro Topps cards of any kind since 2012. The product will also include autographs of the cast of the Rocky films, signed in character, as well as autographs of selected 2015 NBA draft picks. Also, for the first time all 350 base cards were printed in equal quantities; however, the corresponding Mini parallels will have SPs .

COPY AND PASTED FROM THECARDBOARDCONNECTION.COM
Base Short Prints Set Checklist 50 cards. The full-size SP cards appear to be as common as the base cards this year. Cards #301-350 are still short prints for the mini parallel.

If this is accurate, and I hope to find out tonight if it is, then I will be very happy. I am getting tired of chasing SPs in all these sets.

Thanks,

Jeff

2 boxes almost sorted. 39 cards in 48 packs from 300 to 350 so I would say these are not short printed in the base set. That works for me. When I get to it I will be trading minis, inserts etc for base cards to finish my base set. I have no interest in keeping the minis around.

Thanks,

Jeff

Does this also mean Starting Point are also not short prints too ? They are listed as short prints all 100 cards.

With no short prints in the base cards....much easlier to finish the set! Maybe their finally listing to the set collectors! Best regards, David

Does this also mean Starting Point are also not short prints too ? They are listed as short prints all 100 cards.

There not short printed lol SP stands for Starting Point on the back of each Starting Point there is the Prefix SP

Last edited:
The biggest issue I have now is that with 2 boxes and 384 cards or so I should have enough for a set or at least be very close. I can tell you that I am not close. Not sure how far off yet but it is less than half but more than a quarter to go for sure.

Thanks,

Jeff

The biggest issue I have now is that with 2 boxes and 384 cards or so I should have enough for a set or at least be very close. I can tell you that I am not close. Not sure how far off yet but it is less than half but more than a quarter to go for sure.

Thanks,

Jeff

I am about to put the set together myself I opened 3 boxes and 3 blasters So now I am wondering If I am even close

Thanks,

Jeff

I opened two boxes and feel like they were the same box. Which is pretty much a repeat of last years break for me.

Cardboard Connection also said no full size SP cards this year. Anyone notice that the coloring on the front of the A&G cards differs. I have some that are gold and some that are bluish gray.

Lets get those lists up there guys. I too received a bunch of dupes in the boxes I opened..
Ill update my tradelist in a few..
Thanks

Matt

I opened 5 boxes Im not doing the full sized set but did notice out of 5 boxes I only got one Kris Bryant and one Joc Pederson so Im guessing sets are gonna be harder to complete on a box or two.

Someone at my hobby store....opened three boxes and only pulled on Kris Bryant.....but he does like the guy......claims he will be a brust.....Best regards, David

I opened 3 boxes and pulled 2 Bryant RC's and 1 Pederson RC but what I noticed the packs I opened if Trout was the first card on top the
Bryant RC was in the pack not sure that's they way it is all packs but in mine they were.