August Famous Three Strike Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwynn_fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
:(Hi
Well I stand corrected...the Diamondbacks actually won on the 9th...just somethimes trying to keep up with everything and a one year old granddaughter that smarter then yourself. So...that being said...you two are therefore tied...today is the 12th and too late for tomorrow....how about both of you pick all the game for Wednesday the fourteenth...games are here...please pick column one and then pick column two.
Sorry for the screw up.
Bob

The first game is up on Yahoo, I assume you guys know how to find the match ups, so pick away. goling Live on THURSday.

How to Play: You pick the team you think will win each day beginning with August 1st. Then you pick
. games up three days before the game starts (check http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/scoreboard?d=2013-08-01) and have the following games selected before the current game, starts. click on the calendar for the next game

The kicker is...you can only pick the winning team once...ie if you pick the Yankees to win on June 1 and they win...you can't use the Yankees again for the rest of Tournament. However, you can pick a team as long as they keep losing;)...up until you have three strikes

I am not going to be a baby sitter...this is a DAILY GAME once it starts...miss a game for what ever reason...YOU GET A STRIKE. Not being near your computer isn't an excuse...you can go to libraries, Radio Shack, hotel lobbies, etc.

[bold]I have found that it is a lot easier if you edit your picks in the same post...less post, easier to follow...Honesty is appreciated...all edits times must before the current game is played. [/bold]

PRIZES
Players that survive the first seven games without striking out, will receive a card that total at least $7.
Players that survive the until the 12th game without striking out, will receive an additional card that the total of both cards is at least $15.

Overall winner, will receive up to $40 in cards.

If you're a winner it's up to you to lmk. i.e. only Stanley actually told me he won the July contest..no one told me they made thru 7 games (Or, if they did...have been too busy chasing the one-year-old Granddaughter around the house, that I didn't notice. She Who Must Be Obeyed keeps saying there are priority:mad:

Once we get down to about four players, Each player will email me there picks. When we are down to two players, I will have them pick all the games of the day, until we have a clear winner.

ANY QUESTIONS please ask...please just edit each day.
Still waiting for those trade offers for the Padres autos you have!;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the contest! My first pick for Thurs will be:
  • 1- New York Mets(strike one)
  • 2-LA Dodgers (win)
  • 3-Phillies (strikes two)
  • 4-Detriot Tigers (WIN)
  • 5- Atl Braves (win)
  • Aug 6- Red Soxs (WIN)
  • Aug 7-SF Giants (strike three)
  • Aug 8- Pitt Pirates
Best regards, David PS might have a padre prospect auto if your into prospects?

Last edited:
Thanks for the contest!!

Aug 1: Cleveland WIN
Aug 2: Pittsburgh LOSS
Aug 3: Baltimore LOSS
Aug 4: LA Angels LOSS

Man that was quick!!!

Last edited:
Aug 1-NY Mets-L
Aug 2-LA Dodgers-W
Aug 3-No Pick-L
Aug 4-Detroit Tigers-W
Aug 5-Boston Red Sox-W
Aug 6-Pittsburgh Pirates-W
Aug 7-San Francisco Giants-L

Thanks Benny

Last edited:
August 1- NY Mets (strike 1)
August 2- Detroit Tigers (W)
August 3- NY Yankees (W)
August 4- LA Dodgers (W)
August 5- Texas Rangers (W)
August 6- Kansas City Royals (strike 2)
August 7- Boston Red Sox (W)
August 8- SF Giants (W)
August 9- emailed
August 10- emailed
August 11- emailed

Last edited:
Thanks for the contest!

August 1 - Baltimore Orioles **HIT**
August 2 - Miami Marlins **HIT**
August 3 - Los Angeles Angels **HIT**
August 4 - Detroit Tigers **HIT**
August 5 - Boston Red Sox **STRIKE 1**
August 6 - Pittsburgh Pirates **HIT**
August 7 - Tampa Bay Rays **STRIKE 2**
August 8 - San Francisco Giants **HIT**
August 9 - pick emailed

Last edited:
Aug 1 - NY Mets (strike 1)
Aug 2 - Boston (strike 2)
Aug 3 - Tampa Bay ... WIN
Aug 4 - Cleveland ... WIN
Aug 5 - NY Yankees

Last edited:
Aug 1-Mets-Strike 1
Aug 2-Dodgers-W
Aug 3-Detroit-W
Aug 4-Minnesota-W
Aug 5-Boston-strike 2
Aug 6-Pirates-w
Aug 7-Baltimore-w
Aug 8-San Francisco
Aug 9-Angels

Thanks for the contest.

August 1st Indians Won
August 2nd Tigers Won
August 3rd Rays Won
August 4th Orioles Strike One
August 5th Red Sox

Last edited:
Can't go 0 for 3 3 months in a row can I?

Aug 1 Mets - Strike One
Aug 2 Yankees - Strike Two
Aug 3 Tigers A win!
Aug 4 Dodgers Two in a row
Aug 5 Red Sox Strike Three.

Thanks for the contest!

David

Last edited:
No one wants FREE CARDS?

Only Ten people interested in winning free cards? Going live tomorrow!!

Cleveland and Baltimore only winners in round one.

Last edited:
By my count, down to three. All with two strikes, all picking the SF Giants today. mrknicks, katester44, aspoe093 all that remain.

By my count, down to three. All with two strikes, all picking the SF Giants today. mrknicks, katester44, aspoe093 all that remain.

HI
That what I have too...So...if you, aspoe and the knickalator..could email Friday's pick...if there is still a tie..winners will have to pick all of Saturdays games
Good Luck...Bob

Hi
Well I stand corrected...the Diamondbacks actually won on the 9th...just somethimes trying to keep up with everything and a one year old granddaughter that smarter then yourself. So...that being said...you two are therefore tied...today is the 12th and too late for tomorrow....how about both of you pick all the game for Wednesday the fourteenth...games are here...please pick column one and then pick column two.
Sorry for the screw up.
Bob