Autos in Albums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pitt127

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
In your guys and gals opinions, would it be a good idea to put autographed cards inside the 9 slot pages in card albums? They are on-card autos and I didn't know if the plastic would have any effect on the ink of the autograph. Please share your ideas and thanks!

Alex

i have had most of mine that are not higher value in Ultra Pro pages for years and have zero problems...

i have had most of mine that are not higher value in Ultra Pro pages for years and have zero problems...

Pre-dating the Ultra Pro era, I had autographs in pocket pages and I found that the plastic caused the black sharpie autographs to get a yellowish shadow around the autograph. The auto itself is as sharp as ever but something was pulled from the ink and spread.

Soon after, I started keeping my autographs in boxes. You can't page through them as easily but is also saves room.

I recommend autographs in blue sharpie - looks better anyway.
Good luck,

Michael

Just make sure there is no moisture in the room. If you constantly run an ac it can cause condensation if the ac is near the cards.

Pre-dating the Ultra Pro era, I had autographs in pocket pages and I found that the plastic caused the black sharpie autographs to get a yellowish shadow around the autograph. The auto itself is as sharp as ever but something was pulled from the ink and spread.

Soon after, I started keeping my autographs in boxes. You can't page through them as easily but is also saves room.

I recommend autographs in blue sharpie - looks better anyway.
Good luck,

Michael

yeah...high quality acid-free pages only...Ultra Pro works well...I wouldn't use anything else.

Thanks for the advice guys! Most of the autos are blue and they're not too high in BV so I shouldn't be that worried about them. I just wanted a better way of displaying them instead of keeping them stored away in a box like they have been.