Back after a decade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragonfire613

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
So after 10 years or so I've pulled my collection out of the closet and getting back into things.

Other than The Bench, are there any other trading sites of a similar nature I should be aware of? How are things in the hobby overall? Has much changed in new products?

So after 10 years or so I've pulled my collection out of the closet and getting back into things.

Other than The Bench, are there any other trading sites of a similar nature I should be aware of? How are things in the hobby overall? Has much changed in new products?
Your in a whole new world just like Aladdin! LOL

Welcome back! The prices on the baseball cards are getting out of control and retail cards are hard to find as people are hoarding them and flipping them on ebay! There are other trading sites but this one is the most popular one (busy). Best regards, David

Welcome back. I've been sort of in the same boat. Finally got around to messing with my cards for really the first time since 2004. As for sites, this is the only one I've used. I've heard the sportscards forum is useful but haven't dug into it too much. I mainly stick to facebook as I'm in a few big groups and created a smaller one for some of my friends and trading acquaintances. (Wax Pack Treasures if you want to find it.)
Good to see a lot of old faces coming back together.

SCF is still around but it's beginning to look like a ghost town there. You have the Blowoutcards forums but they aren't very hobby-centric. It's more about flipping cards for profit more than collecting. It's a decent site to buy cards from,but don't expect to trade there.

Welcome back. I'm not sure if we have traded, but I remeber your name. We joined around the same time. It's good to see the old faces making a comeback. Best wishes. Dave

Product has changed......Only Topps for MLB cards........Panini also products baseball cards but they cannot use the MLB logo.....Best regards, David

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. So Topps has MLB exclusivity now? Doing some reading, it looks like Panini bought out Donruss and then got shafted when Topps made the deal with the MLB. What about Upper Deck? Did they just move into the other sports and drop baseball? While I always liked a few of the Topps lines, I generally felt the UD products were better quality.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. So Topps has MLB exclusivity now? Doing some reading, it looks like Panini bought out Donruss and then got shafted when Topps made the deal with the MLB. What about Upper Deck? Did they just move into the other sports and drop baseball? While I always liked a few of the Topps lines, I generally felt the UD products were better quality.
I think upper deck holds the Hockey liscense

Jeezus I was looking at pack/box prices today and how does that make sense? Mind blown
Crazy! I use to get at least one box of every baseball product....nows days.....only Topps I, II and updates.....everything elses only buying packs. May buy a box of other Topps but only if I like it! Best regards, David

Welcome back - as others have stated, a lot has changed just in the last year. Focus on what makes you happy, and you won't be disappointed!

Welcome back - as others have stated, a lot has changed just in the last year. Focus on what makes you happy, and you won't be disappointed!
Thanks! It's been a few months now and I have my bearings for the most part, but def have had to pivot from my old collecting habits into new ways of enjoying the hobby.

I used to love busting lots of packs and boxes then parley the pulls into PC wants... while I've opened a few boxes that's not a viable option in the long term, so been doing some trading and single hunting etc.
Very warm welcome I've gotten here after a long hiatus! So thanks everyone for that

Yeah, after a decade you're going to find a lot has changed, welcome back by the way............A ChiSox fan in KY? That's kind of crazy.............I guess not really, I'm a Mets fan in TN................Mike