Beckett Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chavezforprez

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Each month, I do a search of baseball and basketball cards that have gone up in value from the previous month. Here are a couple of the crazy bumps in value that I just saw. There were many more, just showing a sample.

1961-62 Fleer Wilt Chamberlain RC #8
Last Month: $600-$1,200
Current listing: $10,000-$20,000

1961-62 Fleer Oscar Robertson RC #36
Last Month: $200-$500
Current Month: $2,000-$4,000

I would have believed that the Wilt RC is selling for 20,000. But when you say it was $1,200 last month that's crazy. There must have been a long period of time without the card selling to account for the increase. I used to go by the 20% rule. That is a card will sell on eBay for 20% of it's Beckett value. But I have noticed that a lot of cards are selling on eBay for prices closer to Beckett value. I did have more than a 10 year gap when I wasn't buying off eBay, so things must have changed in that regard.

I would have believed that the Wilt RC is selling for 20,000. But when you say it was $1,200 last month that's crazy. There must have been a long period of time without the card selling to account for the increase. I used to go by the 20% rule. That is a card will sell on eBay for 20% of it's Beckett value. But I have noticed that a lot of cards are selling on eBay for prices closer to Beckett value. I did have more than a 10 year gap when I wasn't buying off eBay, so things must have changed in that regard.
I'm sure that your couldn't buy a raw Chamberlain RC for $1,200 in the past few years. Just took a little longer for the value to reach the mass marlet place. Ebay is good for the seller, but horrible for the buyers.