Beckett = slow :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbinge

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
anyone else notice it takes Beckett FOREVER to update the lists now?

They have these checklists for the product months before they go live, yet it takes them forever and a day to add them to the online price guide..much less add the prices....pisses me off that they are so lazy...I mean, if that's your business and what you are selling, at least have it updated by the time the product goes live.

It would help out a lot as a player collector if you could depend upon Beckett to have the latest info updated as to what's floating around out there for sale as a product hits...because the first few days are curcial for the low #'d stuff...would just be nice if they could get it together and have everything done before something hits for a change...I ask myself what exactly I'm paying for with these people.

One thing that I have noticed for newer cards is that if you type in a search, some of the cards will show up as "Pricing Not Available", but if you click on the individual cards the pricing will be there.

Another thing to consider is that more often than not the checklists that are provided to Beckett are wrong and change right up to release. Topps is bad for this considerng the checklist for 2010 baseball was available on beckett.com BEFORE it was available on Topps.com.

It has always been slow from time to time. It has even froze on me before as well. The last couple of nights this has happened to me. I would cut/paste this in their search field which is exactly how they have it laid out. When I do that it would give me the entire set instead on just the one card I am looking for. Hows that for weird?

2006 Sweet Spot Update Veteran Signatures Red Stitch Blue Ink #MC Miguel Cabrera

It was pretty slow on the Beckett Marketplace last night.....seems like I had to click on it twice a few (10 to 15 times) to get the pages to turn. Best regards, David

You can't expect them to have prices for new products until they've been on the market for a month or so. The prices are based on reported sale and asking prices from lcs owners, and supposedly eBay sales (although I doubt it). I can also understand their checklists not being completely accurate, as sandman pointed out, the checklists are rarely correct on Topps' or Upper Deck's website when first released.

My big frustration with Beckett's checklists and pricing is with sets that have been out for awhile and are obviously incorrect. Last night I was looking up some autograph jersey cards from 2007 UD Elements, and noticed that all of the prices for the silver set #d/199 were higher than all of the cards for the gold set #d/99. The numbering listed for some of the cards were obviously reversed as well. I guess their quality control is about as good as the card companies themselves.

You can't expect them to have prices for new products until they've been on the market for a month or so. The prices are based on reported sale and asking prices from lcs owners, and supposedly eBay sales (although I doubt it). I can also understand their checklists not being completely accurate, as sandman pointed out, the checklists are rarely correct on Topps' or Upper Deck's website when first released.

My big frustration with Beckett's checklists and pricing is with sets that have been out for awhile and are obviously incorrect. Last night I was looking up some autograph jersey cards from 2007 UD Elements, and noticed that all of the prices for the silver set #d/199 were higher than all of the cards for the gold set #d/99. The numbering listed for some of the cards were obviously reversed as well. I guess their quality control is about as good as the card companies themselves.

I'm not even talking about pricing...I'd just like to have all the cards loaded in to the checklist by the time they go live so you know what to search for...would be a great help in tracking down the lower #'d stuff.