Beckett tries to explain the Stras 9.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I've only been back in the hobby for a little over a year now and was actually thinking of sending a stack of cards in within the next month or two. This one really put a stinger in the neck of any future grading. The main reason I like the BGS method is the subgrading but with this debacle it completely kills credibility and trust in a company who is supposed to be the standard. Plus, PSA from I what I've heard to those who are more experienced in the grading is usually the standard when it comes to getting the most out of the graded in accuracy so why even attempt it after this contretemps?

Oh, and someone on the boards linked a site that showed a BGS 9 of a Strasburg base RC graded by them that if graded in comparison to the Superfractor should be a BGS 10.5 (Uber-Pristine). Yes I know that grade doesn't exist but using it hyperbolically to make a point.

I would love to see a chronological comparison chart in sales and volume over the next year of PSA and BGS post this debacle.

You know sometimes this is so subjective the guy grading the card has not got any in a while he is in a pissy mood and you get a bum deal. I am just saying is it possible?

I think its time for a re-grade of this Garza...now that centering and surfaces don't really matter...

B7cv0t3gXWyWh6jj--Nakg

Here's what I don't understand.. WHO is Beckett's major demographic? And where is the presentation/representation of their product/service? I knew this would be a farce the second I laid eyes on them. If I send in one of the most hyped cards in history, a $16,000 card.. I don't want any of those dudes breathing on it. I mean they can't even describe the flaws any better than I could ("rough thing going on the right edge there", "something causes some horizontal scratches on many chromes, not sure what") At least throw in some jargon to sound knowledeable, make an attempt.. dress the part a little more? They look like this is a summer-job.

They very eagerly jump into the previous whale cards they've graded and how much money they sold for.. So if your new, send in your cards!!

Those guys remind me of the video game industry, trying to be trendy and alienating some of their most important paying customers (ie. DAD who still plays or collects). I doubt seriously kids/teens/20-somethings are Beckett's main grading customer base, I could be wrong, but just doesn't seem like it? This stuff makes older hobbyists feel foolish to be connected with the hobby. PLUS the major cold and hairless feeling about the biased grade on the one card just about eveyone has seen a picture of somewhere and knew it wouldn't grade very high...