Been picking up some prospect stuff. Need expert help & info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggmack2001

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Hello all
I am in no way a prospector as I am mostly into HOF stuff but I was able to trade for a Bowman Chrome RC Auto Superfractor recently and I have to admit it has me looking for some cheap deals on the Bay in hopes that a player makes the bigs one day. My question is how do you decide who to pick up or is it all a crap shoot and I also wanted peoples opinions on what i have gotten recently and if you know anything about the players an opinions and ifo is greatly appreciated.
Traded for this and it got me hooked. Have the gold and all the other versions incoming besides the red.
AdamsRyan.jpg
AdamsRyan1.jpg
$23.00 DLVD
AdamsRyan50.jpg
$25.99 Buy It Now on Ebay as well as the Orange Refractor below it and $54.97 DLVD for the 2
BachanovJonathan.jpg
BachanovJonathan1.jpg
BachanovJonathan3.jpg
BachanovJonathan4.jpg
This and the Romero were approx $10.00 DLVD from Ebay
BristowJustin.jpg

RomeroDeibinson.jpg

Traded for this
SawatskiJay.jpg

Pulled these 2
CCF10162009_00019.jpg
CCF10162009_00020.jpg
These are all my incoming. Traded for the Ryan Adams and the rest were pretty cheap buy it nows on the Bay.
5.jpg

26.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

AdamsRyan25.jpg

AdamsRyan150.jpg

AdamsRyan225.jpg

AdamsRyan500-1.jpg

AdamsRyan1000.jpg

Theres a book that comes out every year. Baseball america prospect handbook and it has all of the information about the top prospects..it's a must read if your into investing in prospect cards. The younger the prospect the more time he has to make the majors. I normally try to avoid pitchers.. But after watching Lincecum pitch in Fresno.....knew he was the real deal. Most of the prospectors also get the baseall america magazine (weekly) and I believe they also have a website....Good luck! Best regards, David

Last edited:
Very nice Superfractor....

Looks like he has a shot.. only 22... so it could take him several years!!!

Good Luck
Christopher

Use to be a lot of prospectors on the Beckett board...But most have moved to the Freedom website....Jaypers, Jim (bowman chrome addicted), Jeff N. etc, etc... Best regards, David

Biggest rule of thumb.....Buy low, sell high. I know that sounds silly, but a ton of "prospectors" do the exact opposite. You have to stay away from the "hot" players, because there usually is not enough room for growth to make it worth while. Gotta think outside the box and find the lesser known prospects to make the biggest returns. Age, position, team, etc are things you need to look at as well as skill level. Good luck with your endevor. It can be fun.