Bench Tip : Excluding Forums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I thought I would share a tip with everyone in case some people were not aware of the board's capabilities.

The Bench software allows users to exclude specific forums from their view in searches. For instance, if you do not deal with TTM forums/threads, or do not want to see all of the BSL (Bench Sim League) posts in your "new posts" button, etc.

You can click User CP on the blue nav bar, then on the left side scroll down to "Edit Excluded Forums"

From that point, place a check beside any forums you do not wish to view, and they will be removed from all of your searches.

Just a tip for everyone!

Cory

I love this option! Sadly only about 2 other forums that I use that run vBulletin use it.

Wow. Nice tip!
There are a couple forums that take up a lot of space when I hit my 'new posts'. It's great to be able to block them from my view because they will never interest me.

This really helpful but also seems to blocks forums from view completely.
AM i doing something wrong ? I'd like to set it up so i can still see all the forums but limit what i get when clicking "new posts".

This really helpful but also seems to blocks forums from view completely.
AM i doing something wrong ? I'd like to set it up so i can still see all the forums but limit what i get when clicking "new posts".

I dont believe so .... if you block 'basketball' then I believe you wont ever see anything posted that pertains to basketball whether new or old - erik