Best time to sell on EBAY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeyred

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
To realize the best profit and to have a shot at the most bidders. What is the best day and time to end an auction on Ebay.

Is it a weekend night, because there are more bidders? Or is it on a day during the week, in the evening, because more bidders are not out and about like on the weekend?

What do think? Any and all opinions would be appreciated. :)

Thanks, Paul

It may not make much of a difference these days. People run daily searches and sniping has become the norm. Auctions ending at 3 AM can get many snipe bids in the last seconds, just as daytime auctions can.

However, if I were going to try to maximize it, I'd definitely have them end sometime around 6-7 PM (PST). This is not too late that you lose the East Coasters to bed and not too early that the West Coasters are still at work (for those old fashioned bidders who don't snipe). As far as the day, I don't know there. Weekends are filled with activities and may lead bidders away from their computers, but work weeks can be hectic and some people don't want to use the computer then either.

Maybe Monday?

What I have heard is similar, end your auctions between 6-8 PM PST so you get bidders on both coasts. Someone told me to do three day auctions on higher end stuff or hot stuff (new releases, players, etc.), but the seven day on more obscure stuff that needs to be seen. Not sure if I agree either way, my experience has shown me little difference. I try and get mine to end Wednesday/Thursday as it allows people to spend their Friday paychecks on my stuff.

I just go by when im working. i will try to end it the day before my day off. So if they pay fast i can ship it out the next day when Im off

I think smart phones and tablets have somewhat decreased the need for worrying about end times for auctions. I have a friend who collects model trains. My wife and I had a couple of people over on a Saturday night. One of the quests spent about an hour checking ebay via his phone. Kinda rude to the other people in the room.

I don't think there is necessrily a best time.As others have mentioned, smart phones, laptops, sniping programs have pretty much limited the need for people to be at their computer ready to bid. That said, I would avoid ending over a holiday if possible. I still say the truly good stuff will find its market 99.99% of the time, unless you're a very bad seller with the descritions and titles. The stuff with limited demand or unlimited production I really don't see that mattering much either. What you are selling is way more important than what time it ends.

Based on previous auctions I have had. I think it is smart to have an auction end aroun 10:00 pm eastern time on the weekend. However if you have a japanese player or guys with international collectors, it might be smarter to have it end mid afternoon here so it's later at night overseas

I try to end them on weeknights. I do believe more people are out and about on the weekends and if it ends on a Wed or Thur night they can use their Fri paycheck to pay (as someone previously mentioned).
I do agree with the East coast / West coast selling and what roro said about Japan. If I'm selling Dodgers for example, I'll want the auction to end in California prime time. Yankees would end during New York prime time. However, as many have already mentioned, it may not really matter anymore with all the devices and if it's a good item, it will find the $$.

Agree with everyone else. I have my auctions end between 9pm and midnight, with 10-11 being optimal. Also never on holidays, even valentine's day, st patrick's day or superbowl sunday. And never on high travel days, like the day before or after Thanksgiving.

I agree that a listing ending on a weekend at 7:00 PST, Sunday, is best. What I do know is how the listing is written and formatted is key. Decent sharp scans, description that is accurate, all key. Promotion is also helpful. Take a look at completed listings that are earning the return that you are looking for to get ideas. It will also show you what and when items are really selling and for how much.

Thanks for the additional replies.:D

They are all helpful.....I also hope they will help others from "The Bench" when it is time to sell.:)

Paul