Best TTM success ever???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hey everyone,

Just wondering what your best TTM autograph success ever was? It would be fun to see what everyone else's is, and I will start:

My best sports signature ever was a chance I took on Howard Johnson last year, I hadnt seen many recent successes from him, and 9 months later had given up (I am impatient!!). Lo and behold, just before the start of the season, HoJo cruises back into my mailbox, and one of the best signatures I have ever seen.

What are yours?????

Since I have been doing TTM for more than 20 years, I have a lot of great successes. However, my best return ever has to be when I was about 14 years old. I didn't know much about TTM and that superstars really didn't sign TTM. I sent to Willie Mays and received my card back in about a month's time. I still have the signed card in my collection. I have other favorite returns but this is the one that really stands out to me.

NICE! Awesome story.....sometimes the "kid" factor tends to turn the big name players' heads TTM or outside of the stadium! Congrats!

My best success is definitely Greg Maddux. From 05-06 I sent off to five players:

Rickie Weeks
Greg Maddux
David Wright
Albert Pujols
Alex Rodriguez

I sent Rickie and Maddux off at the same time, using cards from the same set (2006 Turkey Red). Six days later, Rickie Weeks came back. The next day, I was shocked to see a Greg Maddux signed 2006 Turkey Red in my mailbox!

madduxttmautograph.jpg

I got a couple. I sent to Whitey Ford last year on a mini Goudey and he signed. Also Ernie Banks, Al Kaline and Bob Feller right before he passed.

Very cool! Bob Feller was a great signer, I remember at Fan Fest '09 in STL his line was full 3 hours before he got there, he drew a great crowd wherever he went!

Very cool! Bob Feller was a great signer, I remember at Fan Fest '09 in STL his line was full 3 hours before he got there, he drew a great crowd wherever he went!

I like to hear that, I remember a few years at Twinsfest, he was signing at the Bob Feller Museum booth, and there would literally be no one around. HOF arm, HOF person and there'd be bigger lines for Scott Baker and Carlos Silva. I know it's a Twins event, but I got a good 45 minute conversation with a HOF'er virtually uninterrupted! That just seemed wrong.

Did alot of TTM in the mid-eighties.
Got some really great"vintage"players.
Recieved this one shortly before his passing in 1985.....
Picture046.jpg

Back in the 90's, I got Derek Jeter on a 1993 Topps card and a 1997 Topps card.

A couple of years ago, I sent them off to JSA for authentication and slabbing and they both came back as good.

Michael

I've gotten a lot of great ones over the years, and my favorite is John "Mule" Miles.

The most improbably however was Mo Vaughn. I sent to him shortly after he won the MVP and got it back less than 2 weeks later! For a 12 year old, that was pretty special!

Had good luck with some big names in the 1980s and 1990s. Guys like Ted Williams, Barry Sanders, Otto Graham, Sid Luckman and Bronko Nagurski, among others.

Im know you said your best one but i have 2
When i was going for my 1980 auto set i wrote to John Vukovich. He sent the card back really fast (well he lived in the same town as me) Then 1 week after I got it back he passed away.
The second would by the auto i got from the first Phillie Phanatic.
VUKOVICHJOHN.jpg
PHANATICPHILLIE.jpg

couple of years ago i saw Pete Rose was going to be doing a short stint with Field of Dreams in Las Vegas so I timed it out and took a shot at it...Pete hadn't signed TTM in years so i figured it was a waste of time, but did it anyway...word spread fast and i think everyone has done this now...but at the time no one had pulled it off...anwyay...

few days later I got two 1987 Topps cards signed by the hit king...doesn't get any better than that.

My favorite HOFer I ever got TTM was Stan the Man Musial, he is a legend here in STL and probably one of the all time greatest! So cool to hear from all of you with the old timers, and I know they enjoy being remembered by fans of all generations!

I started TTM's in the late 80 and got some remarkable returns, Puckett, Ryan, Bo, Joe Montana, Brooks Robinson, Tino Martinez but my absolute favorite was Mike Schmidt he only signed one of the Cards, but included a nice form letter with a signature, so for a 8th grader that was really, really cool.

Recently my best has been this
MolitorTTM001.jpg

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online