Better to buy blasters than a Hobby box (Updated 2-21-15 Topps package received)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FATDOG333

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Bought a hobby box of 2015 Topps baseball from dave and adams and busted it last nite. 302 base cards, one Martin Prado SP (two damaged corners), 48 regular inserts and three gold parallels. What a disappointment! No hit, had two packs with just 7 cards in each, two damaged base and one rainbow foil badly miscut.
Not going to bother with hobby anymore, I have way better luck with blasters from wal-mart. Stacy

Updated 2-21-15
Received a package from Topps today. They sent 7 base cards, a Jake Peavy Rainbow Foil, and a Career High auto of Aaron Sanchez- wait WHO!!! I was expecting a little more from them to make up for the hassle and damn poor product they are selling!

Last edited:
Yikes thanks for the heads up. I usually my hobby boxes from D&A but wasn't gonna buy any 2015 Topps S1 right away. Sorry bout the break.

I'm also thinking about going the retail route....2 boxes and no major hits.....someone from the local hobby store....hits the Kershaw auto serial 50!! Best regards, David

I'm torn on buying any series one. Usually one in three boxes are worth it. Leaning ebay.

Now that I am in the midst of sorting my 2 jumbos - I feel your pain. Major quality control issues on the cards for my second purchase of Topps in a row (big issue with 2014 U/H as well). I will be sending a minimum of 150 cards back to Topps for replacement.

I mentioned to their service rep that it is shocking that my cards from the early 70's have better quality than the ones I have bought from them in the last two years. Stop worrying about the next great insert idea and just focus on getting the base cards produced at a high quality!

if that aaron sanchez is the young blue jays pitcher , i'd be interested in trading for it if i have anything you can use.....

Do you have a tradelist? Stacy

nothing official though i do have a few threads here with various odds and ends listed in them....if you see anything in any of those threads , i think MOST of it should still be available...if not , can you point in a good direction of what you could use in return ? (peeked at your site briefly ....probably don't have any topps gold available and i'm almost sure i have nothing from your pedroia needs....haven't had a chance to look over your ortiz list but i know most of my extras of him already have been dealt so not overly optomistic there....if i cant find anything you can use directly , maybe i can find something else you could use as trade material as still have over 2 million cards in the house and am gradually (ok , make that painfully slowly) getting all my extra material sorted and listed either here , on ebay , or packed up for the flea market.....just let me know...

thanks for the reply...
claude

edit to add - did find these few ortiz not on your have list in one of my player boxes of available material :

2002 topps chrome 489
2003 upper deck 114
2007 bowman 125
2007 topps flashback friday 18
2007 topps wal-mart 4

i know those won't equal the auto , but you can consider them yours if you like as a starting point a for little deal....

Last edited: