BGS or PSA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gimmegriffey

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Hi All,
I have reached a point with my Griffey collection where I need to begin sending in some of my rarer inserts and parallels to be graded. I am looking for any advice in regards to which service you prefer based on your knowledge. I have purchased a few graded cards (mostly rookies) but I am looking to send 10-25 cards from the 90s to be graded. It seems modern cards are using Beckett and for Vintage traders prefer PSA. That is my observation anyway. Any advice would be helpful, thanks for taking some time.

Your right about BGS and newer cards, and PSA with older ones. At this point it just depends which case you like better. BGS and PSA grade almost identically, except BGS has subgrades. Depending how many cards you have to grade, BGS would be cheaper with fewer, PSA would be cheaper if you have a lot with their monthly specials. I personally like the BGS case better.

If you never plan on selling them you should go with the one whose case you like the best. Personally I like the thinner PSA cases and classic simple grading tab, but a lot of people prefer BGS. If you ever plan on selling them BGS is probably your best bet on cards from that era.
Richard

Thanks for the feedback guys, I don't really plan on selling them but the 20 or so graded cards I do have are PSA so I think I will do my Rookies in PSA and the others with BGS. I do like the PSA cases better but it also looks like BGS cards tend to sell for a bit higher than similarly graded PSA cards. Thanks for your input.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online

No members online now.