Biggest regrets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000 Fleer Greats of the Game Kirby Puckett auto. Got it and traded it at 25 bucks. Big mistake.

I can honestly say, I wish it was me who bought that from you!!! When I was buying Puckett autos, I felt like they were overpriced in the $100-$150 range, now I wish I had snapped them all up.

2001 Topps Traded Gold Albert Pujols RC
2005 Topps Gold Justin Verlander RC
2006 Bowman Chrome Draft Clayton Kershaw AU
2008 Topps Update Black Clayton Kershaw RC
2008 Topps Update Gold Clayton Kershaw RC
2011 Bowman Sterling Refractor Mike Trout RC
2011 Topps Update Gold Mike Trout RC
2011 Topps Update Target Red Mike Trout RC
2018 Topps Update Ronald Acuna Jr. SSP RC
2015-16 Prizm Silver Nikola Jokic RC

A bird in hand is sometimes better than it pecking/pooping then flying off..........We've all been through this in our lifetimes............

Ugh…there have been so many!

Most painful was I got upset with the hobby and sold my entire collection in early 2020 that included these cards….

- 2016 Flawless Ruth/Gehrig/Pennock relic /5
- 2015 Topps Rookie Sensation Mike Trout auto /25
- can’t remember exactly which one but Jeter auto /149
- 2018 Topps Acuna “bat down” RC
- 2018 Topps Chrome Update HMT55 Juan Soto Pink refractor PSA 10 and 4 base PSA 10
- a decent stack of Vlad Jr, Tatis, Soto, Acuna RCs
- 1993 SP Derek Jeter PSA 7
- Donovan Mitchell Prizm base, R/WB and green RC PSA 10s
- 1984 Fleer Update Puckett RC PSA 9

And about 500 other cards…

For all of $1200.

The Pink Soto alone is almost that now by itself.

I can honestly say, I wish it was me who bought that from you!!! When I was buying Puckett autos, I felt like they were overpriced in the $100-$150 range, now I wish I had snapped them all up.
Yeah, when my sons and I pulled it, it was on the low end of the autos in that set so we thought we were lucky trading it.

I'm going to work this from the other side of regret, it is no less regrettable as a card transaction from the seller's point; but, this deal is coming from the side that has benefitted. One day in 2014 I was on a graphing site I belong to. A member was selling a 2014 Topps Heritage minors card #175, signed in person, by River Dogs outfielder, Aaron Judge. He would have been new on the scene and I had barely heard of him. Also, the card was priced on the slightly higher side for someone barely known and certainly unproven at that point in time; but, I took the chance and sealed the deal for a whopping eight dollars. For ten more dollars I got the card JSA sticker authenticated; and so, I will tell you this, folks... I'm in it deep for $18.00.
To give some gravity to this card deal, an unsigned raw 2014 Topps Heritage minors Aaron Judge card #175 on feebay peaks at $45. with some selling less and some even more. I saw only one signed card and it was graded with an asking price: $405.00 shipped before fees/taxes. Had I been that person who sold this card to me, I would remember this one, and I certainly think he does....

Judge~2.jpg

Last edited:
Timing is everything although I wish I still had in PC I feel I sold at the right time.

Kaline RC I think it was a strong 6

2019 archives Récord breaker auto red border #/10 Ichiro

And of course the both the silver and gold versions of 2008 ud premier ruth/gerhig/musial/Cobb jersey patch. I wish I held on to one of the. I did get $1,000 each back then but there are demanding high premiums right now. This is life!

Timing is everything although I wish I still had in PC I feel I sold at the right time.

Kaline RC I think it was a strong 6

2019 archives Récord breaker auto red border #/10 Ichiro

And of course the both the silver and gold versions of 2008 ud premier ruth/gerhig/musial/Cobb jersey patch. I wish I held on to one of the. I did get $1,000 each back then but there are demanding high premiums right now. This is life!
Those multi GU with a couple of the big guns from the early years are in high demand now for sure. Those were some dandies!!!

here is a regret regarding this site. I regret the ridiculous, draconian and totally unnecessary/pointless censorship blocks on here. WHY do they even exist?
You cannot write out the names of any of these actual cards!
1663172046654.png 1663172099122.png 1663172155022.png1663172257434.png

In my college years I had the following:

1986/87 Fleer Basketball set w/ stickers (NM+)
1955 Topps Roberto Clemente RC (VG-EX)
1956 Topps Mickey Mantle (VG-EX)
1954 Topps Hank Aaron RC (G-VG)

Sold the Clemente and Mantle along with a few other cards for $350 and bought a bunch of boxes of 1991 Studio,which I was able to flip for close to double what I paid so there's that. Sold the Aaron to my boss,also in 1991, because he was a Braves fan for $150. Lastly sold the Fleer set for $500 in around 1992-93 to pay for truck repairs that in the end,I didn't even need.

I had the 59 topps All Star high #’s complete I bought off a neighbor for $25… 10 years later my brother got pissed at me and threw them out of the 2nd story window in a downpou.
Still sick of how much they’d be worth today, still haven’t forgiven him 45 years later

In my college years I had the following:

1986/87 Fleer Basketball set w/ stickers (NM+)
1955 Topps Roberto Clemente RC (VG-EX)
1956 Topps Mickey Mantle (VG-EX)
1954 Topps Hank Aaron RC (G-VG)

Sold the Clemente and Mantle along with a few other cards for $350 and bought a bunch of boxes of 1991 Studio,which I was able to flip for close to double what I paid so there's that. Sold the Aaron to my boss,also in 1991, because he was a Braves fan for $150. Lastly sold the Fleer set for $500 in around 1992-93 to pay for truck repairs that in the end,I didn't even need.
Oh man! That hurt just to read this.

I’ve had my fair share.
2001 Donruss classics Pujols Auto, sold it for $100 and the matching standard rookie for $50… guy told me when I sold it he was paying me too much… yeah right

Then trading my Miguel Cabrera rookie autograph on here years ago for a Kasey Kahne autograph because I could never just pull one.

Then looking on the internet, I think the cubs feel the same way I do.

I’ve had my fair share.
2001 Donruss classics Pujols Auto, sold it for $100 and the matching standard rookie for $50… guy told me when I sold it he was paying me too much… yeah right

Then trading my Miguel Cabrera rookie autograph on here years ago for a Kasey Kahne autograph because I could never just pull one.

Then looking on the internet, I think the cubs feel the same way I do.
Yeah. Chicago sold the future for that title.

Also gave gleyber Torres to the yuckies.

I had the 59 topps All Star high #’s complete I bought off a neighbor for $25… 10 years later my brother got pissed at me and threw them out of the 2nd story window in a downpou.
Still sick of how much they’d be worth today, still haven’t forgiven him 45 years later
Speaking of siblings, my cards from my youth (1964-1971) were confiscated by my younger brothers after I moved out and got my own place at the age of 20. Shortly after I moved out, I was visiting my family and found 3 of my brothers combining the cards from all 4 of our collections into one collection filed alphabetically. It was mildly traumatic. The cards were split up when I was 45, but I had more cards than anyone else originally and complete sets of 1969 & 1970 originally. I didn't get the complete sets back and I was short by thousands of cards. They are all gone now, which is a regret. I have to wonder, if I had gotten back all the cards that belonged to me, I might have at least kept the complete sets.

Now, for a genuine regret.... in the late '90s my parents notified me that they would be retiring and moving out of state. I needed to come by and claim my card collection that had been stashed in their garage. I drove my tired '73 Landcruiser to retrieve my cards and faced a tough decision.... my football collection was big, but my baseball collection was bigger. I was as poor as a dirt farmer trying to make it as a visual artist, and I only had room where I lived for one collection or the other. My football collection was in a 4' x 2' wood ammo box with rope handles on either end, filled with '60s and '70s stars: Johnny Unitas, George Blanda, Stapler, Roman Gabriel, Fran Tarkenton, Joe Namath, Ray Nitscke, Dick Butkus, Bart Starr, O.J., Gale Sayers, Jim Brown.... you get the idea. I picked up that ammo box and walked it to the curb walked away never looking back. Man, I kick myself for that... will someone who found that wooden ammo box in Livermore, CA please return those to me?