Birthday love from Popeye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassdogg

Prospect
I sent him the 1960 Topps card and in the letter lamented that I had nothing of him in pinstripes to sign so he threw in the Fan Favorites card. The whole thing took just about 10 days.

zimmer.jpg

"its rumored his wife signs his mail"

You just made my stomach drop. Maybe these bad boys are headed to PSA. Lets hope that's not the case. I don't have a lot of coin to throw around on authentication.

I agree... i got his auto in person as well and his "Z" isn't as pretty as that one... hopefully PSA will prove us wrong though...

I also hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think those are his wife's... they key to Zimmer autographs is the "D"... if it's closed like you see on your cards it's his wife's scribble.... the top of Don's "D" when he signs it is open.. His auto is a little less legible too (like below).
ucanhealthmobigraphcollectiblessportsbaseball303477172jpg.jpg

sorry dude. :(

These were the Zimmer's that I got 4 years ago through the mail:

don%20zimmer%20auto%204x6.jpg

don%20zimmer%20auto%204x8%20black.jpg

don%20zimmer%20auto%204x8%20blue.jpg

Not saying one way or another, but I had several tell me back then that his wife signed. Was a little disappointed, but added them into my collection anyways. I wonder if anyone has actually asked something or referenced that in the letter to him.

I actually got what I believe is a legit return TTM... I was shocked to see it. I expected a "wife" signature. You can see the open "D" and the "Z" has that same "shaky" left side. At least I hope it's legit :)
zimmer_d.jpg

I think it was stated in his book a few years back that his wife does sign ttm. Obviously the autographs closely resemble each other and the 'D' might be the kicker, but then again who knows.

His wife's comment was something to effect of her being 'pen pals' with a bunch of his fans replying to the mail he had gotten

Anybody know the going rate for a Zim PSA/DNA?

After I heard about his wife signing, I went and checked some of the certified autos on ebay and you're all right, the D is the key. The handwritting on mine looks too good. I hope they're legit because that 1960 is sweet.

Anybody know the going rate for a Zim PSA/DNA?

After I heard about his wife signing, I went and checked some of the certified autos on ebay and you're all right, the D is the key. The handwritting on mine looks too good. I hope they're legit because that 1960 is sweet.

$10 special this month...we have been talking about it here:

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?p=2468450#post2468450

Although...I can tell you in my opinion I'm all but positive it's his wife's sig....but, you never really know....so...best of luck with it whatever you decide.

I read in an interview she consented to a few years ago, that she responds to his fan mail, and that Don hasn't seen his fan mail in years.