Bobby Doerr once more.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I saw this 48 leaf card on COMC for $5 several months back. It looked decent except for some tape residue on either side. Still a sweet deal for $5. Figured I'd send to Mr. Doerr. I set it aside and procrastinated as I often do and with a few recent old timer deaths, it got me thinking I need to send it. Mr. Doerr is 95 now and although I wish him many more years of continued health, nobody lives forever!

He obviously loves the fans. I didn't note when I sent this off to him, but it was not more than a week ago and it arrived back today. Sadly for me, he didn't get it back into the top loader and it got a light crease on the way back to me despite there being a toploader in the envelope. He used a fine tip felt/sharpie and it looks like it had seen better days, but heck, I'm not complaining! The guy is a signing machine and doesn't charge a dime. What a guy!

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2013/04/baseball_junction_city_celebra.html

This will go nicely with the 41 Play Ball he signed for me a year or so ago...That one turned out exceptional, but I also sent him a bubble mailer SASE on that one to help protect what was a much nicer card.

It kinda makes you think though. He looks pretty great at 95, but more amazing is that he must still have a very steady hand as well. The autos look great. I hope he is not the kind of guy with a ghost signer and it sounds like he would not be, but you gotta wonder with solid penmanship like this at that age.

Thank you Mr. Doerr!

Great Pick up Mr Mopar yes he is a great fan favorite. Every once in awhile I keep my eye out for some dodger stuff you might not have or something different
Later
Chief

You know, I wondered about that too, but if he used a service or a ghostsigner, I cant imagine his turnaround time would be that fast....his "HOF" inscription is generally more messy, which makes me think that he still signs all his own items. He is a class act, and not in it for the money that the HOF name generally entails. As far as I can see, all Bobby's sigs are authentic, and what a cool thing to get them on vintage cards, very cool stuff!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

they are all legit, I've seen over the past year or so some that just don't look that great. Heck about a year before Sparky Anderson passed I sent him a Tigers program and he signed that thing perfect. Was nothing like the shaky sigs everyone got on cards and balls