Bobby Thompson RIP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdahlk2001

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
heres the post as of july 19th
To those of you who have sent "Get Well" cards, thank you so much! We have been sorting through his mail and giving him the Get Well cards...he has them taped to the wall in his room I have also been passing along your emails and postings to him (I either tell him or print them out) which cheers him up and boosts his morale. Unfortunately, for those of you who have sent autograph requests within the past 3-4 weeks, he is currently unable to sign anything. My family will be sending your baseballs/cards/photos back to you as "Return to Sender." Please hold off on sending any further autograph requests until further notice. On the plus side, his old Scottish pride and stubbornness are starting to kick him and he's made a bit of a comeback. Still a long way to go but he has drastically improved since 2 weeks ago. Please continue to send along your best wishes and keep him in your prayers as he still has a long way to recover. Thank you so much from my family for your kind thoughts and wishes.

Kindest Regards,
Megan

I meant to add the following...for those of you interested in sending get well cards, please write "Get Well" on the envelope so my family can segregate that mail and give to him to read. Thank you everyone!!!!

Cheers,
Megan

Last edited:
BobbyThomson.jpg
BobbyThomson2.jpg

This is the second deceased person I have in my collection, and like Mr. Houk, was always a quick signed for me (sent 1/9/10, back 1/19/10). This is truly a "Shock heard around the world".

if anyone has an extra auto of Mr Thomson they would trade please PM me, would love to add him to my collection

RIP, God bless his family

a very sad lost he was one of the best, god bless his family...

RIP Mr. Thomson....
IMG_NEW-74.jpg

Last edited:
You should easily be able to pick one up on ebay for $5.00 or less. Just wait a few weeks from now, he signed a ton of stuff ttm.

if anyone has an extra auto of Mr Thomson they would trade please PM me, would love to add him to my collection

RIP, God bless his family

RIP. A fine gentleman and an asset to the game, not to mention that he is and always will be a Giant. He and his family will be in our prayers...