Review Bowman Sterling - N F L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Bowman Sterling - N F L

6 packs - 5 cards per pack
4 Rookie Autos, 2 Rookie Auto Relics, and 6 Jumbo Relics PLUS 1 Jumbo Patch Card

I received the following:

15 base cards

img463_zps1018d86e.jpg

Please excuse the scans - these cards are mirror-like! In the time that I have been doing these reviews, this issue - Bowman Sterling Football has to be one of the top 2 or 3 issues that I have had the privilege to review. The cards are absolutely beautiful! The inserts are 130 pt. cards and very well done. The base cards are silver (mirror) finish and the photography is excellent. The reverse has personal stats, career stats (Sterling stats) and Bowman Reflection write up.

Inserts

Numbered Parallels

img464_zps84dd39ef.jpg

Wilson - Blue #ed to 99
Wilson - Black #ed to 75
Toon - Gold #ed to 50

Jumbo Relics

img465_zps93f7e4ea.jpg

Dalton #ed to 99

Childs, D. Martin, Quick, Rainey

Auto

img466_zps6e0f5596.jpg

Juron Criner
Taylor Thompson

#ed Auto

img467_zpsd13a52d1.jpg

Justin Blackmon #ed to 50

Auto'd Relics

img468_zps834fa0ea.jpg

Cyrus Gray
Josh Gordon #ed to 66

Box Topper

img471_zps87b196c2.jpg

Bernard Pierce Refractor #ed to 60

Jumbo Relic

img470_zps5e118da7.jpg

RGIII #ed to 75 - Refractor

(SWEET looking card!!)

XFractor Auto

img469_zps73f39cb2.jpg

Russell Wilson #ed to 15
Also a very sweet looking card!!

Bowman Sterling is a high end premium card. The packs here in Orlando are running about $50 each - if they can be found. I have talked to several individuals who sell on the 'bay, and have been told that these boxes are well worth the investment.

If I have a criticism, I still don't like sticker autos on high end products - get them to sign the card!!! Put the stickers on the Topps base sets - PLEASE!!!! These cards are designed for the stickers and they still look fantastic.

For the set builder - this might be a small hill to climb to complete the base set. For the player collector, this is a gold mine. One will have a number of parallels to chase along with relics, auto'd relics, auto'd jumbo relics, and numbered parallels of the relics!

Overall grade A++ absolutely beautiful cards!!

Go buy several boxes and send the Tebow cards to me!

Duane

Duane, thanks again for a great review. I don't have any extra money to buy this right now, but it looks great. If you want to trade the Brian Quick, I would be interested in it. Thanks, Tony.

Sure - why not. I really only collect baseball. Pick out something you think is equal or close and post it. The Quick is yours.

Duane

Nice cards, I had similar good luck in a box I opened yesterday. I mentioned it here in the forums and also blogged on it. I also got a RGIII box topper. Definitely an excellent set.

Bob