Box price increases

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just found out 2020 Topps Chrome Jumbo hobby box is $345-$400 each..........Last year I want to say they were $200............Would buy retail unless all the product gets sucked up by fiends...........

Just found out 2020 Topps Chrome Jumbo hobby box is $345-$400 each..........Last year I want to say they were $200............Would buy retail unless all the product gets sucked up by fiends...........

Anybody know what Topps is charging or what the markup is by the dealers?

The hobby stores can’t even get full allocations of product they order because the breakers order cases upon cases of product. The hobby has changed and increased prices will be the new normal unless the online breaking slows down. The hobby speculation is the highest it’s been since the early 90’s and honestly the baseball strike + overproduction killed the last one. If the supply can stay relatively low to that era, demand—and thus price—will stay high. Not buying a hobby box will not “show topps” anything. They honestly don’t care.

I think they would care if no one bought a box of any random release. But maybe they don't care because there target market has to be people with disposable income that they don't have to set aside. In my case, buying a new release hobby box is an event that only happens 1-2 times per year at the most. With that said, I did buy six boxes of baseball and basketball stickers. They are affordable and fun to do the sticker books. They were both released months ago and the average price of those six boxes was $50.00. It's not a poor person's hobby.

Last edited:

Bowman.....topps chrome.....bowman chrome.....bowman draft....all will be on the hoarders list.......

Its not poor mans or rich man hobby.......

Last edited by a moderator:
If I get the chance today I am going to try and call them. There is a number on the website. I will report anything I find.

If I get the chance today I am going to try and call them. There is a number on the website. I will report anything I find.

Good..this is the best time to call them ....in the middle of the week...I use to work for the IRS in Customer Service and the worst days to call us were Monday (everyone and their mother would call us) and Friday.....best time was in the middle of the week and not during lunch or dinner hours. Best regards, David