Break Complete!!! 2018 Topps Update Jumbo Baseball Hobby Box Group Box Break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Link to group break...https://youtu.be/Y-L61IXowIU

Hi All,

There has been a lot of interest in this one so I wanted to post it up here to see if we could get enough interest to do a group box break.

2018 Topps Update Jumbo Baseball Hobby Box $18.00 per spot (3 hits per box)

**If you want to add another spot each additional spot would be $14.00**

This would be in the same serial number/card number format. The way we did the first break was we had 10 people who’s names I put in a randomizer using Random.org (names initially in order of when they signed up for the break). I then rolled a pair of dice to determine how many times to randomize the list, clicking randomize as many times as the total number on the pair of dice. After randomization each person’s name ends up next to a number. The person would then get all cards in the break ending in their number. If a card is serial numbered we use that, if it is not serial numbered then we use the actual card number (i.e. if you had the #2 spot in the break you would get all cards #’d 2, 12, 22, 32, 42, 52, and so on). If a card is numbered with a letter (as is common with inserts) we take the letter and determine what number it falls in the alphabet (i.e. if it is Card#B, B is the second letter in the alphabet so it would go to whoever has the #2 spot).

I will break this box live on YouTube so that people can tune in live to see what we get. One thing that I will do a little differently this time is I will start the YouTube live feed about 5 minutes before I start the break to make sure that everybody has the link to it and can log on and view the break live if they would like to. If you can’t watch the break live you will be able to watch with the link after the video uploads.

If we have enough interest (we will need 10 people) I will order up the box and we can schedule the group break. Please let me know if anybody has any questions.

Thanks!
Mike

Interested Members:
grapler135s spot 1 (confirmed/paid)
David K. (confirmed/paid)
TOP18 (confirmed/paid)
mm1sub (confirmed/paid)
bdink25 (confirmed/paid)
mgm37 spot 1 (confirmed/paid)
Butch trading buddy (confirmed/paid)
grapler135s spot 2 (confirmed/paid)
mgm37 spot 2 (confirmed/paid)
grapler135s spot 3 (confirmed/paid)

Last edited:
When do you need the money for this break?

Don’t need the money until the break fills up with 10 people. I will then confirm with everyone that they still want in, then I’ll post it up with PayPal info for payment, and I will order the box. PLMK if you would like to join in.

Mike

Don’t need the money until the break fills up with 10 people. I will then confirm with everyone that they still want in, then I’ll post it up with PayPal info for payment, and I will order the box. PLMK if you would like to join in.

Mike

Count me in on this one Mike.

Thanks,

Bryon

Hey Mike what are we exactly doing for the break now and I saw Shaw d850 pause for a second spot what's that going to come out to 23542 I hate to be kind of obnoxious about this but since I think I was the first one to jump in do I get the first tooth pulled or or what I guess it really doesn't matter they're still going to come up with the random the same way I'm just kind of thinking here Wichita I shouldn't do too often but anyway let me know if it's if it's going to be 2350 or so for two of them I'll probably grab another one just let me know have a blessed day thank you

Hey Mike what are we exactly doing for the break now and I saw Shaw d850 pause for a second spot what's that going to come out to 23542 I hate to be kind of obnoxious about this but since I think I was the first one to jump in do I get the first tooth pulled or or what I guess it really doesn't matter they're still going to come up with the random the same way I'm just kind of thinking here Wichita I shouldn't do too often but anyway let me know if it's if it's going to be 2350 or so for two of them I'll probably grab another one just let me know have a blessed day thank you

I opened the other break up to let people add additional spots if they wanted...to see if it helps fill it up faster. If you want an extra spot in either break you can have it for $14.00 for this break or $8.50 in the other break...saving $4.00 shipping cost on each since that is already factored in to you first spot price and I will be mailing all of the cards together. And the way I did it last time was I added all of the names to the randomizer in the order of when people told me they wanted a spot, then I rolled the dice and randomized that last the number of times that were on the dice to figure out who gets what numbers in the break. Please let me know if you are interested in additional spots for either break and I can give you the total. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Okay, let’s get this group break going! I’m going to set this up with everybody in the Trade Manager. If you were also in the Topps Chrome break I am giving you a discount since I will be shipping your Topps Chrome cards with these cards. If the last two spots do not fill before everybody has paid I will take them so that we will be ready to do the break! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Mike