BSL Help: Trading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
This forum is for exclusive use of the BSL (Bench Sim League) for trading players between teams. You can post "wanted" positions and "for trade" players.

If two teams agree to a trade, one of the members must create a thread in this forum following the below guidelines. The other team's owner must reply agreeing to the trade

***EXAMPLE START***

[Thread Title]:

BSL TRADE: (Team 1) & (Team 2)

[Message should state]

Team 1 Trades:
(player 1 - FULL PLAYER NAME & POSITION!) (salary, years remaining, any team/player options)
(player 2 - FULL PLAYER NAME & POSITION!) (salary, years remaining, any team/player options)
(etc)

for

Team 2 Trades:
(player 1 FULL PLAYER NAME & POSITION!)(salary, years remaining, any team/player options)
(player 2 FULL PLAYER NAME & POSITION!)(salary, years remaining, any team/player options)
(etc)

**EXAMPLE END**[/B]

Keep in mind with OOTP12, the trade will be administered by the commissioner, and the players will be placed in your DFA (Designated for Assignment) area under the roster. It is YOUR responsibility to go and move the players onto the 40-man roster and into your lineup. Keep in mind that trades are processed right before a sim is ran, so the players will NOT be available for your team that sim, but the sim afterwards!

The commissioner will lock the trade once the league office has accepted the trade. If a trade has not been processed, check to make sure that both teams have responded to the thread and that it is not under official trade review.

Last edited:
1. If you're trading a minor league player - PLEASE include the level (AAA or AA) beside the player name. Don't make me do your work for you as I do enough.

2. If you don't include the correct roster moves (number of player down, etc) OR no moves at all, I will make them for you. I will usually demote the youngest/worst players with options first, waivers as a last priority but they will happen. It is YOUR responsibility as an owner to take care of your TWENTY-FIVE man roster. If you have 25 guys and trade 2 minor leagues for 2 major league players, TWO PEOPLE HAVE TO GO DOWN.

3. Finally, any time you trade for a minor league player, he will automatically be assigned to AA by the computer. I will not move him to AAA during that trade cycle, even by request. The following sim, you can submit a roster moves post promoting players if you wish. Minor league players going to the active roster are valid promotions on trades as they interact with the 25 man roster.

Seriously, these are not complicated things, and I know most people understand the rules but are just getting lazy. From now on, if I see a trade where someone posting has been lazy, I am going to just let it sit right there in the forum. If both teams have responded, it will still set until it is edited appropriately.

I do a LOT of work for nothing, and I am very tired of processing through people's junk and taking up more of my time.

Example of good trade

Team A trades:
SP Jim Halpert
MR Michael Scott (AAA)
CL Kevin Malone (AA)

for

Team B
(etc)

Team A wants Halpert on Major league roster, Scott and Malone stay in minors.

Example of bad trade

76ers make trade with 49ers Johnson and Johnson for Proctor and Gamble

Status
Not open for further replies.