BSL Rule Change: Sign & Trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just checking if this was imposed at all this year? I know I saw some players who signed extensions get traded, but I am not trying to whistle blow. I am just curious, as I have guys who I have offered extensions to, and they have yet to act on them. I figure they will get taken care of before the end of the World Series.

But, I do have some guys that I might want to offer to just to lower their arbitration numbers. A guy like Josh Harris, I wouldn't mind keeping, but don't think I really NEED him. But I will probably try to sign him and attempt to trade him for something. I know we are probably not talking a lot of money, but just kinda wonder it this is helping or not.

As I said, I know of several players that were signed to extensions and traded, but never seen anything about a penalty. So didn't know how closely it was watched.

Just checking if this was imposed at all this year? I know I saw some players who signed extensions get traded, but I am not trying to whistle blow. I am just curious, as I have guys who I have offered extensions to, and they have yet to act on them. I figure they will get taken care of before the end of the World Series.

But, I do have some guys that I might want to offer to just to lower their arbitration numbers. A guy like Josh Harris, I wouldn't mind keeping, but don't think I really NEED him. But I will probably try to sign him and attempt to trade him for something. I know we are probably not talking a lot of money, but just kinda wonder it this is helping or not.

As I said, I know of several players that were signed to extensions and traded, but never seen anything about a penalty. So didn't know how closely it was watched.

What players were traded that signed an extension? Keep in mind Price's extension was grandfathered in under the previous rules, only extensions after his were enforcable.

The only enforcement I know of was a St Louis trade of some pitcher, Sonnastine maybe?

Who did we miss? It's all manual, so we need the heads up if you catch or suspect stuff like that

What players were traded that signed an extension? Keep in mind Price's extension was grandfathered in under the previous rules, only extensions after his were enforcable.

The only enforcement I know of was a St Louis trade of some pitcher, Sonnastine maybe?

Who did we miss? It's all manual, so we need the heads up if you catch or suspect stuff like that

I actually had 6 on my list:

Raul Perez, Daron Wyatt, Justin Masterson, Andy Sonnasnstine, Pat Clark, and Sergio Santos

Again, I wasn't doing it to bring anyone down (as it could affect the Rangers), but more so as I have pending contract extension offers out there that I hope get signed prior to the end of the World Series. And if other teams are looking to extend guys, now is probably the time, so as to avoid that possible penalty next season, right?

Texas signed sonnastine to an extention prior to trading him to the Cardinals. So I should be penalized. My mistake

At this point, we're not going to retroactively penalize teams. It goes to show that Nick and I cannot catch everything and a lot of this sort of thing needs to be self policed as much as possible. Tony, in the future if you are seeing things, please bring them up when you happen upon them. Obviously, the earlier the better. There is a lot of information moving around in the BSL, so things have a tendency to get missed.

Maybe we need to revise this rule to players that are signed to extensions of $4M or higher( since the
League average salary is $2.8M )..
This will make it easier to look at the posted trades for players that are making $4M or more
if they were offered an extension.. This will also allow teams to sign a player to a contract under
$4M and not have to worry about a penalty if that player is traded.

Either way both team are responsible for their financial situation and every owner has the ability
to see what a players contract is and whether extensions are signed(unless offered that sim).

We have discussed hard limits in the past. While easier to police, defeats the purpose of the rule. If a team commits a contract to a player, they will be penalized if they move him before the following ws. This does not apply to free agents signed that year unless they are extended after signing

Also, given Tony tracked and caught numerous exceptions we missed, i am officially making him the sign and trade observer for future seasons

A reminder, anyone signed to extension before end of this ws can be traded next year without penalty

I like the idea of Tony being the sign and trade observer. As for the leway on the sign and trade I appreciate it given my financial situation. I hope to have everything under control coming into the 2015 season.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online

No members online now.