BSL Update: 2007 #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is correct...they play out their injuries on the minor league roster as there is not a Minor League DL. If you place them on the major league dl, they must be on the 40 man roster and accrue service time healing, which is completely a waste.

Cory

Just a note... I have 3 players in the minor leagues on the DL list and
not one of them are on my 40 man roster.. None of them are accruing
service time. But for best practice, you do not need to place them on the DL, just be aware that they are not in your lineup and if you have not setup your depth charts that ghost players will play in their place.
I have noticed that a lot of team have not setup depth charts and you
are actually hurting your prospects that are not getting playing time to become better players.

Tutor to setup AAA/AA depth charts...

Just click on the lineup and pitching icon on the bottom tabs next to your team name. Click on affiliated team, select AAA or AA. Then click action button and select have bench coach setup all depth charts and lineups.. Then make any changes you see fit.

Have fun and good luck everyone.. Thanks, Kendall

Thanks for the tip. I had my preferences set for my minor league coaches to set the lineups and depth charts, but that doesn't appear to have been working. I think because there are no coaches being used in the game.

You're right - looks like having the bench coach (computer) do it is the way to go.

Eric

good advice... and on the draft piece, i'm just excited at the potential of seeing Price and Moore in this draft!! :)

Thanks for the tip. I had my preferences set for my minor league coaches to set the lineups and depth charts, but that doesn't appear to have been working. I think because there are no coaches being used in the game.

You're right - looks like having the bench coach (computer) do it is the way to go.

Eric

Kendall - it appears OOTP 12 does allow for minor league players to be placed on the DL. I still probably will keep them apart from my active roster guys....the minors are deep enough it isn't an issue, especially AA.

Eric - I noticed that as well....the computer will generate a lineup no matter what if there is a hole, but if you want to SEE it, you need to to the 'bench coach set lineups & depth charts' under action button

Finally my Pitching is working! 10-2 last 12 games and have had to NL players of the week.

6 games is still alot to chase.

I can't understand how bad my pitching is performing, I expect a lot of that minor league draft talent was called up and is diluting their value, but all 5 of my starters are at least two-stars and at least 159 total in their three ratings (STU/MOV/CON).

Wainwright 50/76/63 ERA 6.68 (ouch!)
Guthrie 47/56/62 ERA 3.29 (okay he's the exception)
Maholm 46/62/55 ERA 4.32
Padilla 52/55/53 ERA 5.13
Owings 50/56/53 ERA 8.10 (major ouch!)

With that last CONTROL number, how the heck am I next to last place in the NL in walks allowed? Reliever Mujica with a CON rating of 92 with 11 walks in 20.1 innings!

Kendall - it appears OOTP 12 does allow for minor league players to be placed on the DL. I still probably will keep them apart from my active roster guys....the minors are deep enough it isn't an issue, especially AA.

I did discover this but it won't allow for placement on the 60-Day DL though.

Looks like you only took one SP in the first nine rounds of the draft so you had to expect that a little bit, right?

On the bright side, your SP staff must be have the lowest payroll in the league so at least their salaries aren't hurting your franchise. We're all jealous of your projected balance!

Small sample size like Cory said in another post. It's bound to turn around, but if not, let me know about Doug Davis ;)

Eric

Looks like you only took one SP in the first nine rounds of the draft so you had to expect that a little bit, right?

On the bright side, your SP staff must be have the lowest payroll in the league so at least their salaries aren't hurting your franchise. We're all jealous of your projected balance!

Small sample size like Cory said in another post. It's bound to turn around, but if not, let me know about Doug Davis ;)

Eric

Yes, but I had the whole 5-man starting staff by round 13, guys that should have gone earlier. 39 Games is now a quarter season.

Wainwright 50/76/63 ERA 6.68 (ouch!)
Guthrie 47/56/62 ERA 3.29 (okay he's the exception)
Maholm 46/62/55 ERA 4.32
Padilla 52/55/53 ERA 5.13
Owings 50/56/53 ERA 8.10 (major ouch!)

Bonderman 62/66/63 3.93 in 52 innings
Matsuzaka 67/63/44 5.91 in 45
Lopez 71/37/83 5.06 in 42
Gallardo 59/62/48 7.91 in 33 (yikes!)
Mora 55/49/63 5.11 in 37

Traded Burnett and his crazy contract. Lincecum got hurt, so my ace is gone. I cannot believe some of the run amounts given up by my entire team. The upside is---they almost all gain ratings each sim and for the majority are still young. I think they will eventually be a force to be reckoned with, but not this season.

Cory

Ouch! Missed the last sim and it cost me! 6 players went on the DL and I didn't have time to replace them. So I had guys who had no business playing the field playing. No wonder I went 7-21 in my last 28 games!

Had to make major adjustments!

Team exported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back